Whats going on with the ozzie dollar????

mr luvpants

Was waiting to change up our money for our reccie next week. I did not have time to change it last week when the rate was 2.16ish and kicked myself when it down. I have just been to Tescos to change it up and got 2.257!!!! The cashier said it has jumped up overnight. Whats going on?

JOHN

Guest earlswood
Was waiting to change up our money for our reccie next week. I did not have time to change it last week when the rate was 2.16ish and kicked myself when it down. I have just been to Tescos to change it up and got 2.257!!!! The cashier said it has jumped up overnight. Whats going on?

JOHN

you should be getting more than that...todays rates.

Live rates at 2008.10.06 14:44:23 UTC

1 GBP = 2.45771 AUD

http://www.xe.com/ucc/convert.cgi

Guest Ali1963

Anticipating Oz govt to cut bank interest rates by up to .5% tuesday. Recently A$ rising in afternoon after US exchanges open and dollar unstable.You should get $2.4 through a dealer.

Guest julie2g1b

hiya

we to have been looking as get an update every day and have been on this site just

and rang them Foreign Currency Exchange Rates from Travel Money Services give them a ring as better

exchange rate i want to take some cash with us for our recci nov to recive next 7-14

days its 2.4069........we are getting it in 22-30 days at 2.4131

hope this help

julie

Guest melissa

Because of the stock market crash, the A$ is perceived as a high risk currency, so people off load them. This weakens it. You can never get the top rate if you're getting cash for travelling, only if you're transfering decent amounts.

Darren

Guest julie2g1b

hiya darren

we are getting £1000 and this is a very good rate if your only getting say 200 they may not do it but worth ringing up and asking i feel this is a very good rate for travelling or am i being thick........

julie :wubclub:

Guest melissa
hiya darren

we are getting £1000 and this is a very good rate if your only getting say 200 they may not do it but worth ringing up and asking i feel this is a very good rate for travelling or am i being thick........

julie :wubclub:

That's good for a small amount, i doubt you'd get better.

Archived