Training

Guest Pma1981

Guest Pma1981

Hi all hope everyone’s ok. I am new to this so take it easy on me!! Myself and my girlfriend are in the early stages of emigrating to Australia, (Brisbane). My girlfriend is the main applicant as she is a registered nurse, I am currently a Technician at a nuclear power plant. When we get to Australia I am looking to train as an electrician, I have wanted to do this for a while, and as I am only 25 and starting a new life I may as well be doing something that would make me happy. If anybody out there has any advice/help that could benefit me, i.e.) costs/length of training ect it would be very much appreciated. Thanks in advance Paul.

Guest charlyandnick

Hi Paul,

I too am 25 yrs old and a nurse and my boyfriend and i are looking at emigrating in the near future. Have you both started the process? and are you going through and agency?

Its all very exciting. We fell in love with the country whilst on holiday last year and hope to go back at the end of this year again to double check we would like to move.

Charly

Guest Pma1981

Hi charly nice to meet you. We have started the process, we are using a company called concept Australia, (http://www.conceptaustralia.co.uk). We spoke to a few other companies but we decided on concept Australia. We wanted to use a company to help us as we want our emigration to be as smooth as possible. I have read a few posts on this site about people sorting out their own Visas so that could be an option for you. My girlfriend has relatives out there and loves the Country to bits, but as for me I have never been so it is a big step but after what I have heard and seen of the place I cant wait to get out there.

Paul

Hello there,

If you get in as on PR there is no problem about retraining, you could in fact start now and if on PR education fees are very affordable via the Vocational Education and Training system (VET)

Via the Australian Qualifications Framework http://www.aqf.edu.au you would probably get a lot of credit from your previous study AND work experience, i.e. Recognition of Prior Learning RPL.

Further, you could actually start the process offshore by doing part of the theory from home then transfer into Brisbane based provider and/or registered training org (RTO).

Any questions feel free to ask, we do not charge fees to candidates as we are contrcated to institutions etc.,a nd we are Australian :)

Cheers Andrew

Cert IV, B. Bus. & M. Ed.

Archived