Sign in to follow this  
Guest Mike

After the Visa is issued ?

Guest Mike

Hi,

Can anyone tell me after your visa is issued how long do you have to enter Aus? Presumably it expires after a certan time.

Cheers

Mike

Moneycorp

Moneycorp

Guest Bet

You get one year from which ever is earlier, the police check or the date of your medical exam.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By mystica
        Hi there...Im filling visa form for 189 visa...what should be the answer to following question...Im student here in Australia from Pakistan
        Q-Have any of the applicants lived in a country other than the primary applicant's usual country of residence?
        please reply 
      • By MrsWayLay17
        Hello,
        I am new here but have been a lurker for a few weeks.  I am an Australian citizen who has been living in the UK with my now-husband for 15 years (i am a dual citizen). We got married last month in Queensland and have now come back to the UK. We've decided to move to Australia permanently with our two children in 2019 and I wanted to get the ball rolling with his visa. 

Am i right in thinking that he applies NOW for his temp visa ... which then eventually will turn into the permanent one? I can apply for this visa now even though we won't be there for another 19 months?  Our children will have citizenship via me so i won't need to do anything with them besides get their Aust passports sorted out.
        If anyone else has done this, i'd love to hear from you. I understand the visas can take up to 3 years to obtain so now is a good time to start right??  Do some people wait until they're IN Australia? $7,000 is a lot of money! 

Thank you for reading! 
      • By UKFrann
        Hi all,
        I have just left Australia after doing an exchange program from my home University in the UK for one year on a Student-Working visa. 
        I have a question regarding Superannuation (DASP). I am completely at grips with the ATO and Tax return (already claimed this for the year 2016/17) and that I am entitled to claim my Superannuation back via the DASP online system.
        My question (and I am unsure as to whether this is a myth or not) is whether would claiming my Superannuation for the past year affect any future chances of myself re-entering Australia with the intention of living there permanently one day on a different visa and starting to earn Superannuation again?
        I understand this is perhaps quite vague but my bottom-line question is if I claim back my Super now, will I be able to apply for a Working visa in the future and be able to extend this eventually to permanent residency/citizenship and start a new superannuation fund?
        Any help would be greatly appreciated! 
      • By Raz434
        Hi all,
        looking for any advise / knowledge around this. Continuously paying different amounts of money to different people and hearing differing opinions, its all rather confusing. 
        I have an honors degree (4 years) graduated 2013. Psychology.
        have worked in the field in my field 2.8 years.
        on a 457 visa, have a sponsor to do 186 but have not been with them 2 years.
        my degree is deemed not relevant to my occupation. Residential Care Officer. 
        Positive skill assessment thus came out as 0.8

The assessment is used to help points based visa. Is 186 a points based visa? Does my degree need to be 'relevant' for my sponsored job? 

• By Lukey1234567
        I've been trying to find a way In to Australia to join my mother and sister who are both permanent residents. I don't seem to have much luck finding a path way. I am a 24 year old barber with an nvq2 & 8 years experience. I have used the one year holiday visa back in 2014. 
        My partner is a personal assistant with 2 1/2 years experience. 
        What options do we have to make progress towards getting a visa or permanent visa?