how much money

melpaul

Guest beverley

i thought it was £3000? Though not 100% sure. I just remember my sister selling her car for 6k the day before she flew out and took 3k with her ,and i had to put the other 3k into her account.

Hi MelPaul,

You can take any (reasonable) amount with you to Australia. They just ask you to declare any amount of cash over $10,000 Australian dollars. So at the moment that would be around £4000 cash. You can take $30,000 Australian (for example) over if you want you- just have to declare it and they will simply ask you why do you have such a large amount of cash and then all you need to say is 'I'm emigrating'!

=)

They realise that people do sometimes need to take large amounts of cash over when moving countries etc they just want you to declare it. And yes that is per person. Remember it is not how much you have in your bank accounts it is simply how much you are carrying in cash!

Guest christel

Would suggest you put money in bank and withdraw at the ATM 's which are all over the place..would seem slightly unwise to travel with vast amounts of money..maybe not on the plane but why take the risk and why have to explain it to customs..but the allowance is $10k each, but they may question as to why you have that much cash..use the bank and an ATM or transfer the money once your here and have opened an account x

Guest sanders family
thanks for info i have already transfered some money from house sale just wanted to take some money with us to last first month but as you say i can withdraw from atm with my barcaly debit card

thanks mel

I have heard you have to with drawn from your own bank atm or you will get charged, well that is what our friends said its like that in queensland. sorry if i am wrong

Archived