Plumbers wages in Melbourne?????

Guest jonseywife

Guest jonseywife

hi there..............

Is there any one out there with any idea as to the average wage for a Plumber/Gas fitter ??????

We hope to be out in Oz later this year if all goes well (fingers crossed) and obviously how much my husband can earn is the main worry....

Hope to hear from someone in the know :)

Thanks

Guest simon AND kerry

alright, i,m acarpenter but the average wage here depends on experience anywhere from 30 35 dollars seems ok

Guest jonseywife

Hiya....

Cheers for that..... $35 per hour would do I suppose!!!!!

My "old man" works on the South Coast, where we live and the pay is crap for plumbers, so that would be ok ......

How are you finding it out there :)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest jonseywife

Hi redback....

If you trying to put us off going, it aint gonna work...... :lol:

My other half has been trying to make his fortune over here for years, to no avail !!!!!

We live in Hastings, dont know if you know it... I can tell you first hand his wages ARE definately crap!!!!

We moved down here from South East london 11+ years ago (took a big,big wage cut then) but thought it would be a better life for our son.

It was then, but Hastings has changed, drugs & violence, no job prospects for my kids and as I have 4 of them now (teenagers really) the hav'nt got much to look forward to let alone think about buying their own houses!!!!

It costs us £140 per month just on the school bus fares, we spend £150+ a week on food, £250 per month gas & electric (coz showers always on and the washing machine & tumble dryer are always on) have to pay for clubs, swimming, music lessons etc, let alone everything else over here. And If the 6 of us wanna go out for a meal your looking at £100+ and days out are non exsistant coz of the bloody cost!!!!!!! You just get taken for a mug over here and penalised for having a big family.............. People might say (as my Mum often does bless her ) "You Should'nt have had 4 kids then" - I say that's what were put on this earth for!!!! :wink:

Luckily we're not going to OZ to make our fortune - although money does go alot further out there - but to enjoy the weather, spend more quality time with the family and give them a better chance in this life!!!!!!!!

Well, I better shut up now coz I do go on a bit, when I get going, and I might have possibly sent you to sleep ...... But I hope you enjoyed my little story and now you know why we still can't wait to go!!!!! :)

Archived