Expats in Adelaide on Facebook

suzer

• 9 months later...
Guest stethebrick

hi my name is tina we still live in england we are in proses in getting are visa soon , as we are new to this all we are not sure who to go with to help us getting over there which visa company to go with ? .

hi my name is tina we still live in england we are in proses in getting are visa soon , as we are new to this all we are not sure who to go with to help us getting over there which visa company to go with ? .

Hi Tina,

welcome to pio,

You may find you will get lots of help if you post your question on a new welcome thread or migration issues,

We our selves used visa bureau, happy to say they ticked all the right box's for us, always on the end of our phone calls and happy to reply to our constant run of emails nothing seemed to much bother for them, hope this helps a little

Dawn x

Guest haley

hi ya,

we used global visas and again very helpful,always replied to ur fone calls and e mails,and were very quick to advise us when the csl changed in march and we had to change visa sub class,

god luck,haley x

Guest stethebrick

hiya haley, l am very glad you put kevin as a brickie steven my partner is a brickie we are very scared about moving over cus in england brickie are drying up.how is work for brickies over in oz , yes we are going with global visa, also we are not sure were to move to as we dont have any family in oz we do like the idea near the sea .

tina -33 steven -37 lauren and emily twins -8

Guest haley

hi tina and steven,we are heading to adelaide and we are constantly checking for job adverts over there and there always one or two unlike here in rainy old england so we figure it cant be any worse than brickying here right now,its taken us 19 months so far and were right at the end now so it is a long road and it does give you brain ache,but with an open mind we're sure it will be good especially for the children,where do you think you want to go??what visa type have yu applied for???

Guest stethebrick

hi haley, kevin , there is two we can go for a state sponser it take a year or independent one take two years . global visa is charging 3500 all in that includes skilled ass med check police check she just add it all together , does it seem ok we are not sure . so you still live in are horrid england where abouts l live in preston ? tina -33 steven -37 lauren and emily twins -8 x

Guest haley

hi tina,i see you are chatting to dawny aswell, she is one of my friends too, both of us taking the 176 south oz sponsor visa, she is ahead of me though having been granted her visa a month ago,we started process feb 08, and afer all papers, references,practical assessment etc visa 175 was lodged in aug 08, but in march 09 we switched to 176 when bricklaying was taken off the csl.......since then things have progressed, given all docs,house valuation,mortgage statement,tax returns and spnsorship was approved in may,since then diac told us to have police checks, which we have done and have our medicals which are on 10th aug,that should be the end and visa should follow shortly after so unless there are any hitches all in all process will have taken 21 months.

hope that helps you see the reality of how long this all takes, i thought it would be quicker, but hey ho good things come to those who wait!!!! global visa price is similar to what we paid them so it seems ok to me but i dont know what other companys charge right now, but we have found them very helpful and approachable, i have contacted them soo many times, and told them when i didnt understand and they always explained again.good luck.

haley

Guest stethebrick

hi haley , thanks for that its been very useful . were you going in oz south you said , we are not sure we go where the work is , l am a carer l work with the old and the young with diff needs . but l will do any job to cleaning check outs lol .tina x

Archived