Pushchair on a Plane!

Guest YellowGecko

Guest YellowGecko

Can anyone advise please what the protocol is regarding babies' pushchairs at check-in?

I know ours isn't one of those ultra-lightweight, compact strollers, so will be checked in luggage, so do we just push bub up to the check-in desk in it, then take her out and they pack it or wrap it for us, or what happens here?

Ta!

Jo x

When checking in they ask you to take it to oversize luggage where they will check it in and attach a sticker ...you will then get to take it into the departure lounge and keep it till you board the plane.

On boarding( you will get to board first :jiggy:) you just give it to the air hostess at the top of the ramp and get on the plane...its really easy and makes life stress free.

Guest Angelcake

Hi All,

Just wondering, do they give you the stroller back when you get off the plane for your stopover or do you get it at the end when you arrive in Aus?

Thanks

Angelcake

Hi All,

Just wondering, do they give you the stroller back when you get off the plane for your stopover or do you get it at the end when you arrive in Aus?

Thanks

Angelcake

You dont get it back untill you get to Aus but most airlnes have strollers you can us during your stopover.We flew with Emirates and we didnt need to book one they were just lined up ..dont know if all airlines are like this..I would call ahead just to check.

Guest YellowGecko

Reckon I'll just have to ask at check-in what happens at the stop-over, cos I swear I was told by the booking agent it would be made available to me again at KL and that I'd have to go and retrieve it from the carousel.

Reckon I'll just have to ask at check-in what happens at the stop-over, cos I swear I was told by the booking agent it would be made available to me again at KL and that I'd have to go and retrieve it from the carousel.

Hi Are you staying At KL overnight?

We stayed at dubia and took all our luggage and Stroller...but when In singapore for our re fueling stop we didn't have our own stroller...maybe depends on how long the stop over is... my little one will not sit in hers now...looks like a lot of running after a over tired 3 year old for me :arghh:

Guest YellowGecko
Hi Are you staying At KL overnight?

We stayed at dubia and took all our luggage and Stroller...but when In singapore for our re fueling stop we didn't have our own stroller...maybe depends on how long the stop over is... my little one will not sit in hers now...looks like a lot of running after a over tired 3 year old for me :arghh:

Ahh bless her! They're such hard work but so yummy! (Not that i go around eating children, mind.) When you going? What about attaching those reins, just so as she can walk but not disappear? I'm seriously going to buy those when the lil monekey starts walking. She will be crawling by the time we leave in 3 weeks, she is learning new things so quickly now.

Anyway... no, not stopping the night in KL, but there for 4 long drawn out hours. Going to be awful spending that amount of time in an airport. :SLEEP:

I hope it's a nice airport!

Ahh bless her! They're such hard work but so yummy! (Not that i go around eating children, mind.) When you going? What about attaching those reins, just so as she can walk but not disappear? I'm seriously going to buy those when the lil monekey starts walking. She will be crawling by the time we leave in 3 weeks, she is learning new things so quickly now.

Anyway... no, not stopping the night in KL, but there for 4 long drawn out hours. Going to be awful spending that amount of time in an airport. :SLEEP:

I hope it's a nice airport!

Hi Jo

We leave 13th Nov...so close but sometimes feels so far!!!

Good Idea about reins BUT My daughter+Reins=MAJOR TANTRUM you need to teach them young.... I was to busy letting her get her own way:yes:

Bet you cant wait to show off the Baby...and crawling too what a wonderful age...dont worry about the flight its never as bad as you imagine.

Guest YellowGecko

At least you'll be back for Christmas! Bet you can't wait, eh?

I'm sorry... 3 year old's tantrums..eeek! Dreading that! LOL!! Having trouble packing and sorting the house out, here, cos ours is so active and into everything now and takes up all my time... fear we're not going to be ready to move on time!

Don't worry, time will just whizz by very soon. I cannot believe we've only 3 weeks and still soo much to do! :arghh:

ACK!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

We came over in January with A bugaboo i.e 2 piece pushchair. We checked it in at the desk but kept it with us until we got to the gate. It was then returned to us at the gate in Singapore for us to use during stopover (rest of luggage checked though all the way). On the 2nd leg of journey we used it up until boarding again and left it at gate. The in Adelaide we were provided with a stroller until we picked up our pushcahir at oversized baggage.

hth

Karen

• 4 months later...
Guest icoobaby2

Hi all. I was very confused when I have to take my icoo pushchair on to the flight. Although it was light weight and compact but, the guys at check in table guided me to take it to oversize luggage counter there they gave token then I have handed it over to air hostess on board and she took care until it was boarded onto the flight.:jiggy:

Hi all,

Just wondered if anyone has had any problems checking in with a twin pushchair ?? We have a "twin nipper 360 out and about" it isn't that heavy but doesn't umbrella fold. However it does fit in my hubbies Audi TT - don't ask!!

x Jo

Archived