living in a caravan ?????

Guest Miss M x

Guest Guest31881
The park I described was certainly not a tourist park but more a place for permanent stayers. As such it perhaps became a gathering ground and dumping ground for folk outside almost of society. Namely those suffering mental illness, living on benefits, alcohol and drug addicted people and the like.

At times I saw foreign backpackers coming from camping there so there were others as well. Anyhow been gone a few years now. For any that know Perth it was located on the Armadale train line about half way from Perth.

I have stayed a few nights at very acceptable caravan/camping grounds in Australia. QLD had some beauties. In WA can only recall Albany which was very good as well.

There certainly are some very good sites, but there are also some very bad sites that I would not even consider walking around. When we were looking for a suitable site we visited a couple of what could only be described as caravans and huts that could make slums look attractive. These sites are normally 100% residential and in an area where holiday makers would not want to use. These were just a cheap form of accommodation for some people, perhaps best described as the less fortunate.

We went for a holiday park with residential accommodation as well as holiday accommodation. The prospective owners are vetted before you can buy the units.

Guest Guest66881

We looked at caravan parks when we first came here, as we used to own a van back in blighty so we was curious as to costs etc.

They are expensive luxuries any where but here they are astronomically priced, site fees also are very expensive, then you have insurance/running costs etc, i bet they got mega hot also.

I guess the best way to find out is to pick an area and then go to the information site online and check what current costs are. If you are looking at the Gold Coast,at the moment there are a lot of empty apartments around- perhaps you could negotiate a really good long- term price? Many owners would be happy to get a good tenant in. My friend has done this with her rental properties in FNQ and halved the rent she usually collects just to keep the place occupied long term.

Guest pipey

site fees are expensive online. once you stay more than a week and they like you, meaning you dont cause trouble, the price drops right down. we pay 550 a month for a site and thats on the high end. of course that is all your utilities and water included.

mighty cheap!

Archived