Renting in Kiama/Illawarra with pets...

Guest Megss

Hi Guys,

With the state of the housing market here in the UK we're preparing to take quite a hit on our equity (which was small to start with!!) so I have been thinking more and more about renting our UK flat out until prices pick up again (:unsure:) which would mean renting in Oz for longer than we would have initially hoped to...

Although people have said bits a pieces about renting with pets, i still feel a little in the dark and worried that its going to make things very difficult for us? We have one dog and two cats. Any information at all about this would be great and really put our minds at ease (or make us rethink!).

Thanks,

Meg

x

Guest KSAMaggie

Hi,

We moved to Paddington about two weeks ago and two houses available. One accepted us with our two dogs (who aren't actually with us yet), the other said no.

I think its just a case ask and see...

• 2 months later...
Guest markstruthy

No info on the renting with pets front, but wanted to let you know we are in exactly the same boat. Unable to sell our house we are hoping to rent it out next year to move to Kiama...have cat (not overly friendly one at that). I'd say it will limit our choices, but not too dramatically I hope. However my concern is the stress of the flight. My first choice would be to re-house her with family or friends, than put her through the stress of the move....I dunno....I change my mind from week to week....

good luck!

Struthy

Pets are always going to make it hard for you to rent a place but you can have a look on allhomes.com and if you do an advanced search you can select places that specifically say they are pet friendly otherwise it would be a matter of negotiation.

Without a doubt, rehoming your pets would make your lives easier, especially as you have a dog and a couple of cats.

Archived