Madora Bay

Guest jogrant3232

Guest jogrant3232

Can anyone help with information about Madora Bay, its just on the outskirts of Mandurah. All info would be very welocome, Some body has said they get lots of mozzies down there at certain times of the year ??

Guest andy,tina,lukeandgeorgie

yes jo please checkout all the best places in time for us getting out there.......... no where with too many mozzies, flies, crocs, snakes, sharkes or spiders. we're going to get on great out there lol!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest dave&donna

Hi Jo

madora bay is lovely but you just never see any rentals available if you're looking to rent to start with. It's about 15 mins from Mandurah and really has 2 parts to it the old part of madora and the new part of madora bay although there are some older houses too in madora bay.

Hope this helps :wubclub:

Donna x

Guest dave&donna

sorry forgot to mention mozzies ??? well we're the other side of mandurah and some people have said that in summer there are lots of flies and mozzies. So far we have had hardly any of either but can't comment on summer as we've only been here since june but other people have said they're not bad and others have said you get them all over at certain times but they dont last long - so no help really am I????

Donna x

Guest jogrant3232
sorry forgot to mention mozzies ??? well we're the other side of mandurah and some people have said that in summer there are lots of flies and mozzies. So far we have had hardly any of either but can't comment on summer as we've only been here since june but other people have said they're not bad and others have said you get them all over at certain times but they dont last long - so no help really am I????

Donna x

Thanks Donna, we fly out on the 20th Oct so may be looking for loads of info off you.

Guest dave&donna

Hi Jo

hey not a problem. I don't get on here all that often nowadays but I'll do all I can to help where I can. We certainly asked our fair share of questions on here before we came and were always really lucky to get some fab advice so it'd be good to repay that!!! :notworthy:

Are you arriving in Oct for good or a rekkie?

Donna x

Guest jogrant3232
Hi Jo

hey not a problem. I don't get on here all that often nowadays but I'll do all I can to help where I can. We certainly asked our fair share of questions on here before we came and were always really lucky to get some fab advice so it'd be good to repay that!!! :notworthy:

Are you arriving in Oct for good or a rekkie?

Donna x

For good is the plan lol, really getting excited about it now. Who does your HAir lol, i am an hairdresser

Guest dave&donna

woohoo Jo I think we need to become friends lmao cos hair dressers are so expensive here. From now on you can do it :notworthy:

Just ask away anything you want to know friend :biglaugh:

I bet you're excited not long to go until you get here then?

Donna x

Guest jogrant3232
woohoo Jo I think we need to become friends lmao cos hair dressers are so expensive here. From now on you can do it :notworthy:

Just ask away anything you want to know friend :biglaugh:

I bet you're excited not long to go until you get here then?

Donna x

No probs with the friend or hair lol i have pm ed you

Guest Darwin's coming too

Hi

We went out to Mandurah in August for a reccie (also popped to sunshine coast to catch up with family) as we'll be settling in the area next year.

Madora Bay was lovely but we found it very quiet more of a seaside holiday home feel. It's just north of Mandurah about 10mins but good beaches. We liked Halls Head, Mariners Cove and Dawesville best as they had plenty of facilities good beaches oh and a couple of golf courses to keep my husband out of trouble

Hi - we have lived in Mandurah for the past 8 years so any questions let me know. Madora Bay is nice but there is two parts to it. New part is near a place called Watersun/San Remo and is closer to Mandurah. New houses/parks/day-cares/shops etc. Old Madora is about 10 minutes out of Mandurah and is mostly older/weatherboard houses on bigger blocks. It's its own little community and depending on where you are from in UK you may find it a bit isolated. Defo need a car to get anywhere. Mozzies are bad near the lakes etc and at dusk and on humid days so would recommend citronella candles and repellant at that time of day. Flys are a nuisance in November/December but not much you can do about that. Just warning you. The closer you are to the ocean the better, as you get the sea breezes so less flies/mozzies etc.

Guest emi-great

Hi

Madora Bay is a small suburb just off the main road between Mandurah &

Rockingham it is refered to as a town here in WA but is only like a village by UK standards. It is very close to the suburb of Singleton in fact they are practically "one" now with homes being built in the area between both "towns".:daydreaming:

The two suburbs share the local Primary school which is a good school, older kids would either have to go to Comet Bay (situated in Secret Harbour) or to Mandurah... there used to be a school bus but I arent sure if the kids catch the regular service now as things have changed since we lived there.

Both suburbs have a small local shopping centre but not a supermarket - the closest supermarket would be at Secret Harbour or Mandurah.

There are both new homes on blocks around 500mt & older properties which are built on the old 1/4 acre type blocks. Rentals are harder to find but you can get them if you have time to find one, but being smaller places there isnt the same choice as you would get in Mandurah or Rockingham.

Both suburbs were "holiday type places" so there are still some holiday homes but have become popular in recent years & as I say there is quite a bit of building going on there.

We lived in Singleton for 8 years & loved it our children grew up there & enjoyed a care free childhood where they could get on their bike & ride to school or visit friends or go to the park in safety. There is a good community spirit in the area.

You can find info on the area on the following sites

http://www.myrockingham.net/

Rockingham WA Western Australia | Rockingham WA Tourism, Accommodation, Immigration, Business, Website design, & Community Portal | Travel & Tourism | Rockingham - Western Australia

www.mymandurah.net

: Mandurah WA : Western Australia : Peel Inlet, Murray River, Indian Ocean - Family Tourism and Lifestyle at its best : MandurahWA .com.au

Emi-Great - Home - Short Term Rental Accommodation for migrants emigrating from England to Rockingham, Mandurah, Port Kennedy, Warnbro and Perth

Good luck

Eve

Emi-Great - Home - Short Term Rental Accommodation for migrants emigrating from England to Rockingham, Mandurah, Port Kennedy, Warnbro and Perth

Guest jogrant3232
Hi

Madora Bay is a small suburb just off the main road between Mandurah &

Rockingham it is refered to as a town here in WA but is only like a village by UK standards. It is very close to the suburb of Singleton in fact they are practically "one" now with homes being built in the area between both "towns".:daydreaming:

The two suburbs share the local Primary school which is a good school, older kids would either have to go to Comet Bay (situated in Secret Harbour) or to Mandurah... there used to be a school bus but I arent sure if the kids catch the regular service now as things have changed since we lived there.

Both suburbs have a small local shopping centre but not a supermarket - the closest supermarket would be at Secret Harbour or Mandurah.

There are both new homes on blocks around 500mt & older properties which are built on the old 1/4 acre type blocks. Rentals are harder to find but you can get them if you have time to find one, but being smaller places there isnt the same choice as you would get in Mandurah or Rockingham.

Both suburbs were "holiday type places" so there are still some holiday homes but have become popular in recent years & as I say there is quite a bit of building going on there.

We lived in Singleton for 8 years & loved it our children grew up there & enjoyed a care free childhood where they could get on their bike & ride to school or visit friends or go to the park in safety. There is a good community spirit in the area.

Rockingham WA Western Australia | Rockingham WA Tourism, Accommodation, Immigration, Business, Website design, & Community Portal | Travel & Tourism | Rockingham - Western Australia

www.mymandurah.net

: Mandurah WA : Western Australia : Peel Inlet, Murray River, Indian Ocean - Family Tourism and Lifestyle at its best : MandurahWA .com.au

Good luck

Eve

Thanks Eve i contacted you on your site an hour or so ago.

hi

madora bay is a small suburb just off the main road between mandurah &

rockingham it is refered to as a town here in wa but is only like a village by uk standards. It is very close to the suburb of singleton in fact they are practically "one" now with homes being built in the area between both "towns".:daydreaming:

The two suburbs share the local primary school which is a good school, older kids would either have to go to comet bay (situated in secret harbour) or to mandurah... There used to be a school bus but i arent sure if the kids catch the regular service now as things have changed since we lived there.

Both suburbs have a small local shopping centre but not a supermarket - the closest supermarket would be at secret harbour or mandurah.

There are both new homes on blocks around 500mt & older properties which are built on the old 1/4 acre type blocks. Rentals are harder to find but you can get them if you have time to find one, but being smaller places there isnt the same choice as you would get in mandurah or rockingham.

Both suburbs were "holiday type places" so there are still some holiday homes but have become popular in recent years & as i say there is quite a bit of building going on there.

We lived in singleton for 8 years & loved it our children grew up there & enjoyed a care free childhood where they could get on their bike & ride to school or visit friends or go to the park in safety. There is a good community spirit in the area.

rockingham wa western australia | rockingham wa tourism, accommodation, immigration, business, website design, & community portal | travel & tourism | rockingham - western australia

www.mymandurah.net

: Mandurah wa : Western australia : Peel inlet, murray river, indian ocean - family tourism and lifestyle at its best : Mandurahwa .com.au

emi-great - home - short term rental accommodation for migrants emigrating from england to rockingham, mandurah, port kennedy, warnbro and perth

good luck

eve

emi-great - home - short term rental accommodation for migrants emigrating from england to rockingham, mandurah, port kennedy, warnbro and perth

hi eve ..i have also send you an email ....maybe we could be neighbours jo lol !!

Mrs keily [julie ]

Archived