HOW LONG???

calNgary

JUST WONDERING IF ANYONE HAS ANY IDEA OF HOW LONG IT TAKES TO GET A SKILLED INDEPENDANT VISA .WE HAVE JUST STARTED THE PROCESS ,,LITERALLY,AND WILL PROBABLY BE SENDING REFERENCES FOR THE FIRST STAGE ETC IN THE NEXT 3 OR 4 WEEKS .ON READING THE BOARD I NOTICE SOME ARE TAKING LESS THAN A YEAR ,MAYBE IM JUST PANIKING AS I THOUGHT IT TOOK AROUND 18 MTH,,THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR ANY ADVICE,,,XX CAL

Guest angela bourne

This is our time line. Hope it helps :)

Appointed agent and began process Jan 2005 for skilled independent visa (136)

Skills assessment lodged 2nd July 2005

Skills assessment passed 7th September 2005

Visa application lodged 29th September 2005

Our skills assessment could have been lodged earlier but unfortunately you are dependent upon waiting for other people!!! i.e references etc.

Apparently the DIMIA have a backlog of visa applications and are currently only assigning caseworkers to those who applied in May. We have been told to expect to wait 5-6 months for a medical and police check request and then a further 2 months for a visa.

Hopefully will be in adelaide April 2006 although we were hoping to be there in January 2006 :(

Good luck with your application :D

Angela

thanks for your advice ,we are going through an agent and was given a caseworker (of theirs) 2 weeks ago ,we have done the references and had them checked ,just need to get copys and get them signed ,i will keep everyone posted with how we get on ,thanks,,,, cal

Guest xgeminix

Hi Angela

We are on a similar timeline

Appointed agent 26th April 05

Sent TRA application to agent 29th April 05

Agents faff about for ages then finally submit application June28th

TRA approved 8th September 05

Skilled 136 Visa Application sent 27th September 05

We also hoped to be out for January 06 (Perth) but Easter seems more realistic now as our agent really slowed us down. They even charged us £40 to send us our TRA letter through the normal mail, not very happy with them at all. Needless to say we have applied for the visa ourselves.

Have frontloaded PCC's and completed our medicals.. doc will send the meds when we receive our file no, hopefully to catch up on lost time.

Good luck everyone

Judexx

This is our time line. Hope it helps :)

Appointed agent and began process Jan 2005 for skilled independent visa (136)

Skills assessment lodged 2nd July 2005

Skills assessment passed 7th September 2005

Visa application lodged 29th September 2005

Our skills assessment could have been lodged earlier but unfortunately you are dependent upon waiting for other people!!! i.e references etc.

Apparently the DIMIA have a backlog of visa applications and are currently only assigning caseworkers to those who applied in May. We have been told to expect to wait 5-6 months for a medical and police check request and then a further 2 months for a visa.

Hopefully will be in adelaide April 2006 although we were hoping to be there in January 2006 :(

Good luck with your application :D

Angela

Guest angela bourne

I was wondering about getting PC's and medicals done now. How did you get a police check and when you did, did you post it to DIMIA? When you have a medical I assume then that the doc sends the medical to DIMIA? Have you got to contact him when you have a file number?

Here's hoping we get file numbers soon!!! I hate this waiting :?

Good luck

Angela x

Guest xgeminix

Hi Angela

As soon as we appointed our agents to help us with the TRA they recommended applying for the police clearance certificates. You apply for these yourselves, usually by contacting your local police station, who will give a contact address or telephone number. They will then send you out the forms to fill in, it costs £10 per form, everyone included in the application aged over 15 or 16 - I can't quite remember - needs a form.

Ours came back fairly quickly I think about 3 weeks but can take up to 60 days. Ours our dated 22 July 05 - so we have 12 months from this date to get to OZ. We sent our PCC's along with the main visa application.

Usually when you have your medicals requested you have your file no etc, and DIMIA send you all the relevant forms with the address where the Doc has send them.

With frontloading you take the risk that your medicals will get lost in the system as there in no file number to match up with your application. This is why we have asked our doc to wait until we can give him the number which he will just fill in for us, I suppose it all depends on which doc you use, some are stricter than others.

In our case what will happen is the meds will be sent to Sydney, local clearance unit, when we get our file number, the information will be inputted into the computer, when our case officer in Adelaide is ready for the medicals he can now just look on his computer and the info will already be there.

Jude xx

I was wondering about getting PC's and medicals done now. How did you get a police check and when you did, did you post it to DIMIA? When you have a medical I assume then that the doc sends the medical to DIMIA? Have you got to contact him when you have a file number?

Here's hoping we get file numbers soon!!! I hate this waiting :?

Good luck

Angela x

Guest cosworth123

hi, it has been a long 3 years for me . as a plasterer with no qualifications but 18 years of experience it was hard to get trade reconition but got there in the end. they even sent out an integrity officer to check me out working on site!! good luck :D

• 4 weeks later...
Guest BrerRabbit

:? hi xgeminix, we also frontloaded with pccs and meds. our doc promised he'd hold onto the meds until we got our file ref no but in fact sent them a week later!! when i rang him 2 months later with the number i discovered he'd sent them! so i wouldn't rely on the doc keeping hold of them. our meds arrived at lcu in sydney before we'd sent our visa application!! at least we know they've got there and they've been processed. :D

• 3 weeks later...
Guest stw1971

Hi All,

I have applied for a Skilled Ind visa.

Acknowledgement of Application in April 2005.

They contacted my employer in August 2005.

Now just coming up to a 7 month wait, and not heard a thing since.

I hope I am going to have a medical request soon?

From reading all the forums, I have decided to apply for the police checks now.

I work for one of the approved hospitals for Xray's and Med checks, so I am hoping to call in favours when the requests come through.

Also need to invest the money when requested (or successful) for my 5 bonus points.

I am not sure whether a 7 month wait for a Skilled Ind visa is average at the moment.

I am interesting to hear from others.

I am getting very frustrated at the moment!!!!!!!

Some news would be good news right now!! :?

Good luck everyone. :wink:

Stuart.

Guest stw1971

I have decided to get my x rays and medicals done now, (Unrequested, still not heard anthing)

I can have a medical done on the 6th of December (Usually a month wait apparently)

X rays, I can just turn up, and get them done.

My question is:-

For those of you that have been contacted since the initial Acknowledgement of visa Application stage. Does the Reference Number given change? Or do you use the same reference from this point onwards.

i.e My initial reference is CLFxxxx/xxxxx, where x's are numbers?

I am afraid that my medicals will get lost in the system if they are sent to Adelaide against my initial reference number?

If anyone has advice on this issue, I would be interested to know more :?:

Guest Alison1967

stw i have been wondering the same

I got my acknowledgement letter today and wondered if i can submit my medicals (unrequested) use the number and hope for the best.

It says they will take four months to process the application before asking for oher evidence.

Would doing this hinder or speed up the process??

Alison :D

Archived