Vehicle Documents

Guest HappyBunny

Guest HappyBunny

Hi, it's been a long day and I'm feeling stressed and tired, so I apologise if the answer to this question is obvious.

We bought a car from a used car dealer about three weeks ago. We have a safety certificate for it, a security interest certificate and after about a week the dealer posted us the rego sticker.

What concerns us is the only proof of ownership we have is a handwritten receipt from the dealer and a hand written warranty form. Do they have the equivalent of a vehicle V5 document here, ie something official that says you are the registered owner? I've been on the Queensland Transport site and can't find anything, don't want to ring them and feel like a right numpty!

Guest Andy and Tracy

Hiya,

Don't have the answer, but can I follow your thread please as it is a good one?! And relevant to those of us going soon.

Thanks

Tracy

hiya, from what i can remember from when we got ours was that the dealer posted of the info, then a couple of weeks later we got the forms/docs etc in our names! hope this helps?

sheena :wubclub:

Guest HappyBunny
Hiya,

Don't have the answer, but can I follow your thread please as it is a good one?! And relevant to those of us going soon.

Thanks

Tracy

Just thought I'd update on this one. After reading Sheena's post started to worry that it's been more than a month and we haven't received anything official, so contacted Queensland Transport. Apparently our car is still registered to the dealer!! We need to contact them to find out why they have arranged the transfer.

Guest Andy Thomas

You will find that the smaller dealers (used cars) submit all the forms for sold vehicles at the end of the month rather than in dribs and drabs because they have toi pay the stamp duty that you have paid to them. It's just easier that way to manage cashflows I think and they are allowed to.

Andy

Guest HappyBunny
You will find that the smaller dealers (used cars) submit all the forms for sold vehicles at the end of the month rather than in dribs and drabs because they have toi pay the stamp duty that you have paid to them. It's just easier that way to manage cashflows I think and they are allowed to.

Andy

Thanks Andy, We bought the car the mid August and the Registration form has just arrived this week after we chased them, so nearly two calendar months has elapsed!

Archived