PRINTER PROBLEM - HP Dosen't like Oz INK

Herbster

Hi:

We bought our HP PSC 2355 all-in-one Printer with us from UK, together with a supply of cartridges, which have just now run out. OH NO! :no: Should be fine thu', as we purchased Precise, Reliable, Original HP inks - but they don't work! Checked web site for patches, but they don't seem to work either... any Computer Whiz Kid's out there have the answer????

We like this printer/scanner, it does all that we need it to do, so seems wasteful to chuck it out & buy new when it's still got plenty to give - would be VERY GRATEFUL for any advice, help... Or is there a place to buy UK cartridges, or could we have our UK ones re-filled?!!!

THANK YOU :notworthy:

Guest taffy 62

I can understand where your coming from that you like your old printer.

But I wouldnt stress too much about it.

It will be cheaper to buy a new one.

I just got inks for mine and they were dearer than a new printer scanner combined!

Just remember though when working out prices of inks the new printers only have half ink tanks in them.

And out here it does pay to check the ink prices before buying a printer as some are really expensive.

I say OLD, but it's not that old & why throw out perfectly decent & functioning kit before we're sure we have no other option! $$ don't grow on trees in our house...

What I'd like to know is why the HP ink cartridges (hp94 & 95) that we have purchased in OZ will not work in our HP printer/scanner etc., even though they claim to be for this machine??? Is there any knowledgeable person out there that knows the secret password to accept these inks or with a solution before we chuck out a perfectly reliable machine...

Thank YOU X

Guest taffy 62

If you cant get some one to help you on that and cant get your inks to work maybe you could get some one in the UK to send you out some more inks, ( I dont know your situation so its only a suggestion ) before maybe having to throw away your printer.

What I meant is, it will most probably be cheaper to buy a new one rather than have to pay for some one to look at your old one to get the inks to work.

Guest John Sydney

First check the print cartridges that you bought are they out of date ??

Are they installed correctly - have you removed all the packaging ? are they the right type? Nearly all Inks come out of the same factory so buying uk ones would be a waste

Secondly check the printer is it ok ? sometimes you have clean the ink heads to get them to work -(in the software)

Thirdly ring HP and complain and see what they say - be positive when talking to them - some times they like to charge u $25 per hour for service calls - talk your way out of this - as a last demand a full refund as the goods will not work which is cover by the trades practice act

Hope this helps

Thanks - Will double check everything - never know it might be a slightly different code, or something - it looks the same & as you say they SHOULD be the same, he tried HP already. didn't work, weird... I thought I might be able to trick it, but magic doesn't seem to work either!

OH was a bit frantic trying to print off some really important Contracts (We're BUYING our FIRST HOME - OZ or ANYWHERE EVER!) & his new job is very stressful - doing work of three - so was very tired & didn't need the printer to quit just then!!! Usually he can find pretty much anything on the net to get computer to work as he wants it, but so far, just lots of B%%$$**D language! :sad: & Frustration!

:twitcy:

seems strange that they wont work.

I have a HP printer that uses the same cartridges. I used to buy bulk lots of cartridges when I was living in Holland and they came from all over europe. All worked.

Now using Australian cartridges and they are fine.

As already mentioned, check everything is correctly fitted etc etc. I know it sounds stupid, but ive done it before, have you removed the tape that covers the ink holes on the cartridge ?

seems strange that they wont work.

I have a HP printer that uses the same cartridges. I used to buy bulk lots of cartridges when I was living in Holland and they came from all over europe. All worked.

Now using Australian cartridges and they are fine.

As already mentioned, check everything is correctly fitted etc etc. I know it sounds stupid, but ive done it before, have you removed the tape that covers the ink holes on the cartridge ?

Yea, Checked EVERYTHING - (I think!) told the thing it's in OZ now, (certainly NOT Kansas) checked the cartridges look genuine, have the hologram thingy - from a reputable store... Cleaned the printer heads, debugged it - We did the same, used to buy in bulk & I've used non brand in it before, no problem, it's been fab! Just might be a dodgy pack, but seems weird both cartridges- Color & Black aren't cooperating. Don't understand it! Probably have to call HP & see what they have to say...

But has any one else experienced such strangeness??? Very bothersome we just don't need another expense on top of the pile we have & have had! + We LIKE this printer!! Thanks for all the advise, will let you know what happens! X

:yes:

Guest TheArmChairDetective

Do you have a new cartridge button in your software as its sounds like the printer is telling the computer (thru the cart chips) that you have run out of ink.

It may be a reset issue.

Go to HP website and check out their troubleshooting guide for your model, that may help too.

Let us know how you get on please.

Do you have a new cartridge button in your software as its sounds like the printer is telling the computer (thru the cart chips) that you have run out of ink...It may be a reset issue...Go to HP website and check out their troubleshooting guide for your model, that may help too...

Let us know how you get on please.

Thanks TAD (Did they ever catch that felon in your neighborhood - still wonder about that!) Other Half is doing that just now... could be we're in for a bumpy ride! Just weird as it is both cartridges it doesn't like... I'm passing on all your suggestions! Thanks X We won't be beaten by this!!! :wacko:

Archived