Should we ship our winter coats?

Guest rainbow

I know that Perth winters are supposed to me mild with overnight minimums of 6-9 deg C in July, but I have just read Tim's post about frost in Rockingham.

I also know many bemoan the lack of central heating / double glazing. And I guess there can be the odd freak cold spells.

Did anyone bother to ship their winter clothing over? Have you needed it at all for say the nights when outdoors in winter?

Thanks!

Guest claire&fred

Nope gave all my winter coats to Charity. However, I have a few small fleeces that have come in very handy. Might be wise to bring something like that. Our house is cold at night and in the mornings, but we have invested in some cheap fan heaters that are on timers. Not cheap to run but it is warm when I hop out of bed in morning. Some houses have reverse cycle air-conditiong where it can be used as a heater in the winter.

This morning was cold but it got warmer during the day. When I picked kids up I had just a t-shirt on.

Claire

Guest christel

hiya...gosh can you bring mine over too lol...yes, its cold in winter and i wish i had brought mine orginally..also i wouldnt mind a duvet please tog 13...the duvets here are so so well...thin !...:) but seriously, if you feel the cold yes bring one, because by year 2...after a hot summer, you cant even cope with 9 - 12 degrees, its like -1 degrees lol...x

I know that Perth winters are supposed to me mild with overnight minimums of 6-9 deg C in July, but I have just read Tim's post about frost in Rockingham.

I also know many bemoan the lack of central heating / double glazing. And I guess there can be the odd freak cold spells.

Did anyone bother to ship their winter clothing over? Have you needed it at all for say the nights when outdoors in winter?

Thanks!

We went on our reccy to Perth in June and I suffered not having winter clothing, I had to buy stuff out there (& ship stuff back to make room for it!). Inside was colder than outside though - the only heating was reverse cycle air con & it wasn't ducted or on a timer and by lunchtime most days a jumper was enough. Unless you're using air freight or a part container I'd shove everything in.

Jules x

Thanks for the replies.

We're using part-container, but having read the advice, we will shove some winter clothing in and the duvets too. Plus the winter clothing might also come in handy if we ever go to melbourne / sydney or tassie in winter.

Archived