machinist first class????????????

Guest buffy

hi could someone advise me on weather a time served apprentice with cyty and guilds,betec and 22 years experience of engineeing is classed as a machinist first class in Oz,and if so what are the prospects as far as permenent employment and and what would i excpect for wages???is anyone out there!I hope this looks ok it my first proper post,

Yes, I'd say that you're probably going to be classed as a machinist first class (I say that because I was with much the same). If not machinist first class then probably something similar with equal points. Don't worry these DIMIA classifications are meaningless in the real world of engineering.

Job prospects are reasonably good provided you're flexible. Wages vary state to state & by area. You'd probably be looking at $20-25/hr.

Probably a more meaningful question to ask is "will my standard of living be the same?" (because the cost of living is not quite the same).

The answer to that is 'yes' very similar to the UK from a work & materialistic point of view. After that I would also say that you're likely to have a better quality of life generally.

Archived