is council tax expensive in auz

Guest silverstargazer38

Guest The Picketts

Our annual council tax in the borough of Waltham Forest, London is £1213.00 for a 2-bed end-terrace house 2006/7.

Our property in Rockingham, WA is $1024 for a 4-bed, 2 bath home for 2006/7.

I think it works the same way as in UK, payable by Direct Debit,etc but we pay it quarterly via our rental agents at present.

:D

I think this might answer your question!!!! Can't wait to make the move, hopefully end of August this year.

Cheryl & Geoff

Guest silverstargazer38

this for a year £400.00 i currently pay £110.00 a month poll tax and we rent as both of us got married last year housing too expensive to buy

we rent at £600.00 a month a 3 bed house £110.00 poll tax then electric £20.00 a week water 35.00 a month water then telephone internet 25.oo

then you have to eat, not a lot of money left to have a life.#

houses 3 bedroomed too expensive to buy because of housing market

i tell you oz looks very appealing, my husband is a time serverd plasterer and a joiner does electrics and plumbing and has been loft coverting and we have been self employed the past two years, as if he got a job with a local firm would be luckey to get after tax £260.00 a week and we could not survive on that, therefore we are looking for a new life in auz as he currently works 8 amj in the morning till often 9pm at night, im worried hell have a heart attack..

so we are looking for a new life in oz

Guest BullCreek_Bob

G'day

You don't pay council rates when renting, nor do you pay water rates. Only the owner pays the rates. As a renter you only pay for your electricity, gas, phone, internet, cable tv and you may be charged for any excess water usage.

Cheers

Bob in Bull Creek

Guest The Picketts

Like Bob says, the tenant does not pay the council tax, other rates etc., the landlord does. The tenant pays for usage of utilities only which includes metered water.

I can only encourage you to think seriously about going to Oz, wish we could have gone years ago but we are going as retirees. Fortunately we bought land and had a house built in the Rockingham area a couple of years ago in preparation and have been lucky to have good tenants. We have many friends there already as we have been going to WA for several years for holidays. The building boom continues and I am sure your husband/partner would find plenty of work.

The guy who painted our house for us comes from the North of England, is in his 30's, hasn't looked back and just loves the lifestyle. If you are prepared to work you will make a go of it - Good luck

Cheryl

• 2 weeks later...
G'day

You don't pay council rates when renting, nor do you pay water rates. Only the owner pays the rates. As a renter you only pay for your electricity, gas, phone, internet, cable tv and you may be charged for any excess water usage.

Cheers

Bob in Bull Creek

Maybe not in WA, but definitely in NSW the renter pays water rates, IF they're renting a house (as houses have meters). I think in QLD every renter pays water but could be wrong.

Archived