Hello all

Guest Andy_P

Hi all, this is my first post on the forum so please be gentle :D

At this time I am only thinking about a possible move to Oz, and this forum has certainly given me plenty to think about and information to digest.

I have been lurking for a few days and it has been fascinating to read about the various stages people are at in the process, as well as reports from those who have taken the plunge.

I don't mind admitting that the thought of it is pretty scary and I am not sure yet if I am willing to do it, but I'm pretty impressed with the support that people are given on here, and the general positive vibe.

Good luck to everyone that has decided to go for it, and who knows, I may be on my way too in the future!

Andy.

Guest graham$nic

Hi Andy just wanted to say hello this is such a great site we are in the process of submiting our visa and are hoping to move to sydney to start with as my brother lives there...........i see you are in dunstable we are in bedford.Good luck what ever you decide to do.

Graham Nic and 3 kids

Hello to you too! Thanks for your reply.

I've recently returned from my second visit to Oz (been on holiday for three weeks, mainly in Sydney area) and I really did NOT want to get on that plane home I can tell you.

However, having a great holiday is not a good enough reason on it's own to get a one-way ticket, so I am currently mulling over all the pro's and con's. (At the moment the pro's are in the lead :wink: )

Best of luck with your visa application! You will be on a Circular Quay ferry in no time. :)

Andy.

Hi Andy,

We visited Brisbane/Sydney/Cairns for a holdiay in 2005, we waited a few months for the holiday euphoria to wear off and realised we still wanted to give it ago and that's when we started the process.

You'll find the people on here are very helpful and supportive, I've been a member for a year and can honestly say I haven't seen any arguing, bickering or back biting, just good honest advise and support and at some time or another I've need all of them!! I've also been lucky enough to have been in contact with people I can now regard as friends, even if we do live on opposite sides of Australia!!

Good luck

Ali

Archived