What a fab site!!!

Guest 8788jt

Have been looking through the site for the last few days. Will be able to use loads of hints and tips that I have picked up as I've been reading through.

We are a regular family of 4, husband's a mechanic for Renault, I work in a bank and we have 2 girls (aged 9&7). We were lucky enough to visit Sydney and Brisbane in October and have fallen in love with the whole Aussie way of life and attitude.

I need motivating!!!! I am in the middle of typing up my husbands skills and experiences for the TRA and am at page 50 (Oh my god!!), it's taking about 3 hours every night and I can only start once the kids have gone to bed. It's completely taken over my life. I know it will all be worth it but need to remind myself sometimes. Anyway, just wanted to say hello and any hints, tips, motivation etc will be greatfully received!!

Thanks - Joanne

That was quick !!!

I know, 50 pages and still going!! I feel as tho' I could change a cam belt and gear box myself now.LOL.

I have to admit, it's all double spaced and bullet pointed. Because his job is so diverse, they want to know how to complete loads of different jobs, even including how to change a tyre!!

We have a friend that went to Melbourne in Feb and his first app was turned down at 90 pages for not having enough detail!!

Thanks for the friendly reply - Joanne

I need motivating!!!! I am in the middle of typing up my husbands skills and experiences for the TRA and am at page 50 (Oh my god!!), it's taking about 3 hours every night and I can only start once the kids have gone to bed. It's completely taken over my life. I know it will all be worth it but need to remind myself sometimes. Anyway, just wanted to say hello and any hints, tips, motivation etc will be greatfully received!!

Thanks - Joanne

You need to motivate me then because this is the stage that I am at - only my husband has never had a CV so I am starting from scratch. Trying to think of all the other jobs I should be doing rather than going up in the loft to search out all his certificates and paperwork.

I just feel I have a mountain to climb - it's looking very daunting at the moment :cry:

Hi

You could always try what I'm doing and leave the washing up, the carpet hasn't been hoovered and ironing is being done on a need to wear basis!!

Going up in the loft?? Isn't that a mans job?? Like washing the car and cutting the grass.LOL!

We should motivate each other. Let me know if there is anything I can do or maybe we can just compare notes. What does your husband do?

Joanne

• 2 weeks later...

We should motivate each other. Let me know if there is anything I can do or maybe we can just compare notes. What does your husband do?

Joanne

Hi Joanne

My husband is a project manager for an electrical company and has been working for the same company for 20 years :shock: .

I have finally written his CV (not sure if it's much good but oh well) and everything is in the envelope ready to go.

The thoughts shall I shant I are springing to mind at the moment.....

Hi Tahe 49

Well done for sending off your paperwork (just noticed on another thread), we still haven't finished Hubby's TRA yet but fingers crossed, next week!

As for having doubts, I very much believe that it's better to try it and not like it than regret never having done it.

Everybody I know of ( incl. friends of friends etc,) have no regrets, I know you have a young family and I'm sure you are going through this difficult process for the right reasons.

Keep going and once again, well done for starting the process.

Jo

I know how you feel! I left hubby on Friday evening to go to work and when I came back he had been through files on the Company house website and tracked down one of the guys who had overseen his engineering apprenticeship back in the 80's and I now have to type up all his work record including his 12 month foray into sales after our eldest was born!! I think his annual bonus will be spent on ink and paper.... oh and the petrol to go and see this guy who oversaw his training so he can verify and sign the document and then on to all the others!! I have also been advised to do a similar document for my job eek!!!

Hi Buffy

Going off your reply, I think I may be getting off lightly (although sometimes it really doesn't feel like it)

This process must be designed to weed out the people that aren't really serious about the whole process !!

Good luck and keep me informed - Joanne

Archived