Kindergarten places

Petals

I know how hard it is to get into Kinders these days with the increasing birth rate but on my morning walk I noticed that the Annie Sage Centre, in Blackscamp Road Somerville has some places for four year olds in 2009. Its a nice centre.

Somerville is ten mins from Frankston, Mornington, Hastings, Karingal.

In the middle on top of the hill between the bays.

Nice place to live as its walking distance to everything.

Also jobs at Target being advertised in the new shopping centre for anyone with older children or want part time job.

:smile:

Didnt realise it is hard to get children into Kindergarten over there. Why are there not more opening if the demand is high? Do you, as a parent pay for them, or are they paid for by the state? Sorry I am reallly ignorant about these things and need to start thinking about them as we anticipate being over there by March 09. We have a 4 and two year old. Also, do they go for just a couple of hours a day or are they school times? It doesnt really matter to me as I am a stay at home mum, but just wondered.

Thanks

Rach

Guest Andy and Tracy
Didnt realise it is hard to get children into Kindergarten over there. Why are there not more opening if the demand is high? Do you, as a parent pay for them, or are they paid for by the state? Sorry I am reallly ignorant about these things and need to start thinking about them as we anticipate being over there by March 09. We have a 4 and two year old. Also, do they go for just a couple of hours a day or are they school times? It doesnt really matter to me as I am a stay at home mum, but just wondered.

Thanks

Rach

Hi Rach

We checked out kindy on our last recce to Mandurah. Our 3 year old is entitled to 2 full (school) days a week or 4 mornings, whichever you choose. They have to be 3 in the June before the Summer term starts (end Jan / beg Feb)... sounds strange writing that doesn't it?!

There is no charge for it (bit like here)

Hope that helps

Tracy

Hi Tracey

That does help - thank you. So my son is 3 next March - he would go to Kindy Jan/Feb 10? About a month before he is 4.

When are you planning to go, Tracey? I notice your visa should be through any day (fingers crossed).

Thanks for your help.

Rach

Guest Andy and Tracy
Hi Tracey

That does help - thank you. So my son is 3 next March - he would go to Kindy Jan/Feb 10? About a month before he is 4.

When are you planning to go, Tracey? I notice your visa should be through any day (fingers crossed).

Thanks for your help.

Rach

Hi Rach

Yes, as long as he is 3 from the June onwards - so basically it is when they are 3 and a half. isn't it?

As you can probably see from my posts, I am getting seriously stressy now about our Visa!! We are so close and that just makes it worse. We are checking emails every 30 seconds - I am sure lots of people can identify with that! My Agent now replies to my 1,000 word emails with one sentence - obviously trying to shut me up and make me go away!!

We are moving to Mandurah, about an hour south of Perth. Love it, love it, love it. On our recce trip earlier this year, I can honestly say that if we could have arranged everything over the phone, we would have just stayed! It just felt like home and we are sure we are making the right decision.

We made so many friends out there - people are incredibly friendly ( Perth, I believe is one of the most isolated cities on the planet, so I don't suppose you can afford to fall out with too many people!)

We were "adopted" by a family who we are in fact meeting up with in London next week. They have taken us out on their boat - we have met all their family members and friends and been over to loads of barbies that they put on for us. We are so lucky. Our kids look upon them like surrogate granny and grandad.

What about you?

Tracy

Guest Andy and Tracy

Sorry - having a blonde moment! I answered what I thought was your question and it wasn't what you asked at all! Sorry to the first questioner if I have not used this thread properly!

We are hoping to go a month after our 175 permanent visa is granted. Keeping fingers crossed that it will be the end of next month or November. Sorry to all of you struggling to sell your houses for the following - but we sold our house a little while ago in anticipation of the move and went into rented so we could go at the first opportunity. For once I made the right decision.

Tracy

Kindergarten in Victoria is for a couple of hours a day and the children either have a morning session or an afternoon session. There are fees payable. Because of the baby bonus which the Government has been paying there has been a big increase in babies and all wanting kinder, child care, school at the same time.

For example if you live in inner Melbourne women are putting down their names for a place in child care as soon as they become pregnant. Further out there is more available depending on the age spread of the population. Where I live we have a good spread of ages in the town and therefore its not as difficult to get places in kinder and child care. If people choose to live in one of the new satellite suburbs the population tends to be young with young children and puts a strain on resources.

Australia tends to build huge suburbs and think about what is needed for the population at a later time.

Now don' t take this as a negative picture there are plenty of suburbs with lots of infrastructure but you need to be aware that when you see this dream home on a quarter acre block in outer suburbia the dream may fade when you find that the services are not available that you require.

Archived