Perth or Melbourne

parsonsbigfamilyadventure

Hi guys my husband is a mechanic we are going on a 4211-11 does anybody have any knowledge on work, I think we should head to Melbourne beause they have a big car indusrty there, Mercedes are there my husband worked for them for 5 years, also General Motors and Honda there, but he is not keen he wants all year sunshine and is looking forward to leaving our four season of cold, slightly cold, very cold and freezing. lol

Its such a big decision we have never been to Oz and dont have the money to go out before hand, We have three children twins aged 8 and a daughter 22 months, so we would like to get settled and stay, dont want to disrupt the children any more than we have to.

Johanne

Perth is booming at moment due to resources and great weather.....accordingly house prices going through roof.....have been booms before...they often do not last....

Melbourne, weather is not that bad, bigger city and yes automotive hub.

Simple comparison could be made using Lonely Planet travel guide, job outlook and local links etc., see our links page on http://www.aiec.biz

Cheers Andrew

• 4 years later...

hi parsons,

we are in a very similar situation, I have a positive skills assessment for an electrical engineering draftspersons and we are trying to decide between Perth and Melbourne for the state sponsorship.

Our question is - is Melbourne's weather not really as good as we are hoping for and is Perth just too isolated and laid back?????

Archived