Warhammer/Games Workshop any in Adelaide??

Guest TheMagees

Guest TheMagees

Bizarre question I know, but is there a warhammer 'scene' in Adelaide, we are considering moving to Adelaide. Our 14 year old obviously doesnt want to leave his life and friends here. If there was any warhammer tournaments or similar in the area it might help to sway him a bit.

Ive googled it and there seemed to be a few random tournaments on but nothing regular.

Be very grateful if there are any other Warhammer fans out there who could help

Thaniks

Julie.

• 8 months later...
Guest susiejgreenwood

We too are planning to settle in Adelaide and have a 13 yr old son into warhammer. We spent 3 weeks there this Christmas and he went into the Games Workshop store in the city centre several times. They were a friendly bunch as you would expect and although a fairly small shop they had the usual gaming table set up with people painting and playing. There were all sorts of things organised over the school holiday period and it seemed to be always busy. Are you still hoping to move or are you there already? Post back and maybe we can get the boys in touch with each other.....

OMG! :shocked: Warhammer?

There are a few Games Workshops around and some of the boys at school (high, years 8 & 9 mainly) lurrve Warhammer! They even have a games club specifically for it, once a week! They tell me of tournaments they've been to/competed in etc but although I think their painting is awesome, and they have invested a fair bit of time trying to teach me the rules (so, so many rules!!), most of it whizzes straight over my head!

So I would tell your kids not to wory, I'm sure they will be able to find like-minded gamers here in Adelaide!:wub:

lol!

LC

• 3 weeks later...

I'm pretty sure there's a shop in Tea Tree Plaza shopping mall (North East Adelaide) that does this: It's always full of people - all ages - at weekends and if I am right and Warhammer is where everyone has their handpainted soldiers and characters (monsters?) then they seem to have lots of tournaments or battles or whatever going on in there!

• 4 weeks later...
Guest The Riddler

Hey guys,

"The scene" is thriving in Oz, but i think it might be less so in SA than it is in Vic and NSW etc. That being said, there are Gee Dub's in Adelaide and several clubs in the region.

Most of the networking and events are done on a Wargaming website that the lads might be interested in. Check out the Forums on www.Wargamerau.com

You'll find that the Sth Australian clubs and Tourneys all have their own sections.

Happy nerding ;)

Riddler

• 1 month later...
Guest alanburvill

Yes there is Warhammer Clubs in Adelaide. I am the Treasurer of one out by Tea Tree Plaza in the Northern Suburbs. Called Garrison Wargames Club. I my self have only been in Australia for a bout 4 years but the gaming scene is reasonable. We have arround 50-60 members.

Archived