trucking in aus

Guest truckerde

Guest truckerde

hi i am a trucker in the uk and i'm thinking of moving to aus to do it but don't know where to start. plus how much can you earn. i have heard perth would be a good place to go to?? need as mich help as poss thanks

Guest VFRHOCKS

Can help you I am afraid but I will be interested as if the job I am doing out there dont work out, I might look at doing the same.

Guest earlswood

I do not think it is a "wanted" skill out here to be honest, seems their is not many driving jobs in perth as I looked myself a few months ago as I was fed up with my contract as a spark.

Guest earlswood
As a truck driver in the UK you don't know how good you have it, new trucks short days. Driving in Australia will be a real shock Good luck

Geoffrey

I agree, it seems a hard slog with low wages unless you get into the mines.

Guest earlswood
I always got good money but I always seem to fall into a good job arsie I guess. My last job in OZ i was bringing home $1800 a week after tax

How many hours was that:dull: the driving jobs I was looking at were very low paid.

How many hours was that:dull: the driving jobs I was looking at were very low paid.

80 hours p/w 3 nights away

before that it was 120 p/w 3 to 5 nights sometimes 2 to 3 weeks away less money!

Driving coaches I could be away for upto 3 months at a time

so 80 hours a week was a doddle LOL

Guest moonraker1961

Don't know anything too much about trucking (?)but I would of imagined the east coast would have more work for truckers than WA?

Guest VFRHOCKS

Thanks, might stick to wat I doing then.

Hope to be happy anyhow, used to driving sheds though, dont bother me, just love the road. How ever long it is.

Archived