Flights cheaper booked in Australia???

Guest JLT

We were wondering if, when living in Oz, the flights to visit the UK will be cheaper? Surely they can't be as expensive as what prices are quoted here now?

It's something to consider because it makes it likely that if they are that expensive, then the opportunity to visit family in the UK is very very limited - say once every 3 years! OMG!

Guest moonraker1961

I've just been looking at this myself and to other destinations to travel from Australia,It is definately more expensive .Better to get your friends and family to visit you I think lolx

Guest Pinhead

The only good thing is that you have all those beautiful pacific islands to visit which are a lot cheaper than flying from the UK.

I had a holiday in Fiji last time I was in Oz and it cost me $1,500 for a week, from the UK you'll be lucky not to pay £2,000+.

We like the Whitsundays too :yes:... We fly back and forth to the UK quite regularly , and always try and fly in the "Low " season when prices are at their cheapest. We are flying back again on October 7th , and paying $1700 rtn inc tax which I think is pretty good , however , in the high season expect to pay upwards of $2300 .

Holidays within Australia are expensive . A week in say Cairns from Sydney will cost about $700+ , compare that with a similar distance holiday from the UK and you will find it a lot cheaper over there . The reason is , that in Aussie there are only 3 airlines that fly long domestic sectors , and they are all scheduled carriers . In Europe most of the holiday companies that offer inclusive tours use low cost carrier airlines or charter airlines which offer a much lower sear cost .

Dave C

Guest moonraker1961

Thats the truth as well mate ,well for us anyway.I know if we move back to Oz,our travelling days will be very very limited.Of course it depends on your earnings but for people like us,working class,it'll be a week camping down the beach,does'nt exactly thrill us to be honest.

Thanks for all the info. I would sure everyone would say cheaper! Oh well, price you pay for a better life I suppose. Something definately to think about...

Guest Dougie & Louise

What about internal flights in OZ who's the cheapest and are they indeed cheap at all like the Ryan air and Easy Jet we have here?

Dougie

What about internal flights in OZ who's the cheapest and are they indeed cheap at all like the Ryan air and Easy Jet we have here?

Dougie

Internal flights can also be expensive... from Brisbane to sydney it cost my family(3) $600.

Virgin blue seem to offer the cheapest also Jetstar

Archived