Frustrated newcomer......

Guest dive monkey

Guest dive monkey

Hi Everyone,

I've got so much useful information from the site that I thought it was time I became more than just an observer.

I've applied for a skilled-sponsored visa (138) what seems like ages ago (July 06) and am becoming increasingly frustrated as I watch the processing date get closer and closer but not quite close enough to actually get a case officer! Surely I'm not alone in this? Anyone else suffering out there?

It took us 7 months start to finish to get our visa, I know it's frustrating and you've probably (as I did) now started getting up at 5 am to check for emails!!

It may be worth now, front loading police and medicals (is you haven't done it)

Hang in there guys 'cos when you get the special email you'll forget all the waiting you went through.

Ali

Guest dive monkey

Thanks for all your words of encouragement! I know it will all be worth it in the end :) I was thinking about front-loading my police checks and medicals but is it a bit risky? Aren't you supposed to take some form with you to the medical which you only get provided with once allocated a CO? If not I would be quite happy to take a chance provided it's not too pricey if I had to go back. Re. police checks, can anyone tell me if you have to request a police check from each county you have lived in in the UK or did I get the wrong end of the stick?

Thanks again......DM

I guess it depends on your time scales really - as your visa is granted from the date of your medicals/police checks (whichever was earliest), and you then have 12 months to enter Aus for the first time to validate your visa. Your acknowledgment letter may give you an idea of how long the wait is for processing, in our case it was 4 - 5 months - it may be worth trying to anticipate when they would ask you for your medicals.

I think someone has posted a link to the forms on this site (think it was Gill). Your acknowledgment contains a number and that's the number you put onto your forms. You can probably search for the info.

The police checks only cost £10 and I think you have to request one for every where you have lived in the last 10 years. I wish I'd have requested the police checks a little earlier than asked, because they can take upto 40 days to arrive and ours took 36 days (I'm sure our postman dreaded coming to our house).

Ali

Guest dive monkey

Thanks Ali. Think I'll wait to take my medical but will do my police checks now. If the time frames get a bit tight can always do it again seeing as it's only a tenner. Thanks again :)

Archived