Pickfords v Crown

T-bone

Guest claire&fred

Hiya

We used Pickfords and thought their service was excellant,.

It took them 3 days to pack and as they could not get the container down our road, each day they bought a different lorry which they loaded each night into the container. 3 blokes packed and did a very good job. Our container left on 4 July and arrived in Perth on 5 August. We were very impressed. Pickfords have their own branches all over Australia. We were contacted by the Perth branch who advised it had all cleared customs within a week and also quarantine. Our container was delivered to our rental on 20 August by 3 blokes who carried it all in and unpacked all the big bits e.g. suite, white stuff, 4ft aquarium. They were friendly and reliable. Our container was a 20ft and all in all cost us £4200.00. Only one thing was broken and that was by customs as the box had been opened by them. Although one of the Pickfords blokes here told me Pickfords have their own customs clearance which is why it is done quickly.

They come very highly recommended from us. We never got quotes off anyone else. By the way we are in Kallaroo, Joondalup is just up the road from us and it is a really really lovely suburb.

Goodluck with whatever you decide.

Claire

Hi Claire,

Another tick for Pickfords. Thanks for the information. It sounds like they provide an excellent service.

It's great to know that you're just down the road from Joondalup - we'll have to meet up if I decide to settle there, alternatively, I'll be in Joondalup towards the end of October so I'll send you a pm to see if you're around. How has it been for the first two months over there?

Tx

Thanks Sue - Look forward to the barbie (hopefully). x

Britts - Gb Liners sound like a good company, especially as they're recommended twice over. Do you have a number for them? I'll Google them in the meantime.

Nicolasteve - Thanks for the thumbs up on Pickfords. At the moment, going from my initial question, it looks as though Pickfords are the most recommended, therefore the better of the two companies.

Once again thanks for all the info guys. I've been given some great companies by recommendation, which in my books is the best form of advertising! It would be great if anyone else has any other feedback - The more information I can gather the better.

T

Hi GB liners have several offices, the base we used were from London 02085741285

One thing i id learn was theres always room for more!!

Good luck

Archived