Shopping

Guest spock

First experience of shopping here was in Coles and KMart, and it seemed mostly expensive (some good specials though). We're in Geelong area.

But strolling around as the days went by, I found a few useful and reasonably priced places, and I thought it might be useful to those trying to gather some info. Doubtless those of you who already live here already know...

Aldi - fantastic. We have one in Belmont. Check their website.

The Reject Shop - useful for home wares.

Sam's Warehouse - huge! Loads of stuff. Sports, electrical, food, motoring, crafts, kids shoes, bedding, garden stuff. I love this shop.

$2+ - I'm a fan of pound shops!

I've also grabbed a couple of bargains in HarveyNorman electricals section.

Hope this helps anybody worrying about affording shopping.

James.

Just to add to James' thread, I would also say check out the DFOs (direct factory outlets). We'd been looking for swimming cossies (bathers) for our daughter cos she's in a squad now. I'd priced them up at Rebel Sports and the exact same one I'd brought with us, just a bog standard Adidas (I paid £6 for at JJB) was $65. As she goes through them like wildfire, there was no way I was paying that much. Went to Moorabin DFO and got two top spec endurance Speedo cossies for $40. Now that's what I call a bargain.

Also if you like Next, we have a shop called Witchery here. It's very similar, but very expensive. The Moorabin DFO has an outlet there. I got a lovely top, original price tag $80, I picked it up for $9.95.

The good value stuff is out there, it just takes a little finding that's all. Happy Hunting!!!

T xx

Guest The Pom Queen

The Warehouse is a great store although watch if you purchase electrical goods from there we have three times and two of them didn't work. I have never really ventured in Dimmys before but a new one has just opened up and they had some great bargains on bedding.

We do our food shopping in Safeways as we find it cheaper than Coles but I think it depends on what offers are on each week. Most towns have a meat wholesaler so it is worth going to these and stocking up the freezer and then head off to the fruit and veg shops.

Archived