Help Choosing An Area?

emmaj

Hubs and I have decided that perth is the place we want to be so we are in the process of doing our sums to make sure its feasible for us to make the move.

So we are trying to do some property rental research to get an idea of costs but we have no clue as to which area of perth would suit us the best.

Could someone make a recommendation please (we will obviously do actual research and visits of our own before we rent, this is just to get an idea of costs). We dont mind what the local schools are like as we dont have children, we are in our mid 30's and enjoy eating out, wine bars, cinema etc so being close to the city centre or within a reasonable travelling distance to the centre is important along with easy access to the wonderful beaches. We are looking for a safe, clean area but pref one that isnt too pricey.

Can anyone make any recommendation please, just so that we can do some more searches?

Many thanks

Emma

x

Guest guest17301

Try Joondalup, regarded as Perths second city and not as pricey as Perth city itself. Its about 30km north of Perth itself and has great train links (about 30 mins to city) It isn't too far from the beaches and has restaurants, cinemas etc. Lots of nice suburbs surrounding Joondalup that are cheaper but quieter (ie not a lot of places to eat, entertainment etc) If any of this is less than accurate please forgive me as it's based on my own research, (haven't arrived yet)

I'm sure you'll get lots of other suggestions, good luck

Try Joondalup, regarded as Perths second city and not as pricey as Perth city itself. Its about 30km north of Perth itself and has great train links (about 30 mins to city) It isn't too far from the beaches and has restaurants, cinemas etc. Lots of nice suburbs surrounding Joondalup that are cheaper but quieter (ie not a lot of places to eat, entertainment etc) If any of this is less than accurate please forgive me as it's based on my own research, (haven't arrived yet)

I'm sure you'll get lots of other suggestions, good luck

Thank you so much! This sounds perfect, so a great starting place for us.

Emma

x

Hi

I work at a sales office and can recommend the area and suggest you look at our Meve web site it is close to everything and well priced. There is a new marina being built about 5 to 6 mins away and there will be everything there beaches, boating cafes resaurants, pubs and shops and only 10 mins to Fremantle. Rentals start at around $380 per week I think. Other great sites to look at are realestate.com domain.com and reiwa.com hope this helps but contact me if you need any further help and good luck

Archived