arriving in brizzie 18th sept

julesbazz

I'm arriving in brizzie on the 18th sept ,on my own at first:unsure:( bit nervous, don't know what to expect ) wife and 2 girls to follow 2 weeks later. My job is in Bowen hills and they are putting me in a hotel for a week. I want to find a rental (up to 350) within 30 mins or so from work. Any nice areas around there?(not to quiet).The wife likes the look of the gated communitys so we can get to know people a bit easier(are they as good as they sound and look). Love to hear any feedback. cheers.

Guest Sam&Si

Hi there,

Sorry can't really help as we're not getting there till December but would be interested to see what replies you get - we've been looking at townhouse complexes too for the same reason. There are some great people on this site who I'm sure will be along soon to say hi and some are professional relocaters so I'm sure they'll be able to give you some good ideas about where to live.

All the best,

The gated communitys are a great idea,there are quite a few dotted about,id speak to the real estate agents who cover your required area and ask them in person what they have or have coming available.You may well need some copied id of your wifes as the applications can be based on both of you ,meaning you both have to score 100 points to be considered(see thread in rental section).Good luck with everything but im sure you will be fine.

Cal x

It normally takes us 2 to 3 weeks ,but that includes the clients have a good few days nosey around to see where they want to be.Copy all your paperwork before you leave then you are ready to put in applications. Dont reley on realestate.com its can be a few days out of date.Good luck

Cal x

Hi Chelle

We are looking North as I will be working in Bowen Hills. ANy help would be much appreciated!!! Holiday accom is expensive isn't it, the only one I've seen at the mo is 65 a night eeekks! We have emailed secrent as "taffy62" recommended but no reply. Please help!!

cheers

Bazz &jules

Guest JoanneHattersley

Jindalee is about 12k`s from the CBD and Ipswitch is further west than that! Cant remember how far. Id look western suburbs of Brissie!

Guest paulwbafc

i did what you did in june and coming out first is the best way to go about it. i stopped in a apartment for what was 2 weeks. i come over here stopped in auchenflower and was here 5 days before starting my job. after work in the arvo as i do an early start job, 4 am gulp. i looked at rentals. it is VERY competitive to get a home for $350 a week and some are not of the standard or area i liked. you get up to 20 interested partys looking and forwarding applications. after a week and put in for 10 homes i got no interest as new to the country and other people had rental history and stronger applications. as a newbie it is tough. i soon worked out i was wasting my time so had to rethink my strategy. rentals start with 6 month lease so i figured i had to up my game given the competitiveness of the rental market. so i upped to the $400 plus market. the competition was around 1 or 2 other applicants. after looking at 4 places which i put in offers for i got accepted on 2. the area i am now is thornlands. about 40 mins from the city. i have a 4 bed low set for $465pw. also rentals here take longer to go here. theres one 3 doors down from mine still for rental since june which i looked round. not much of a garden on it which maybe why. the area is posh here, houses worth from $500k to 1m plus and its bayside. rentals from $400pw plus so worth a look. i reccomend anywhere under redland city council, water level 2 restrictions in this council not 6 like brisbane. water comes from better sources. if you get fazed by the competition for rentals which you will. that extra 100 bucks will a week if you can do it will make a difference and it is only for 6 months, get a rental history and find somewhere cheaper if its too much. so far i have found wages here better than i expected and bills way cheaper so its all turning out good. family come over and i had furnished most of the home to livable levels and the wife and kids fully appreciated it in the end. for you it is a ball ache but as a bloke it is easy to get things done, just get a big diary to sort out you plan and book viewings etc and plan with military precision and you will be alright. 3 months here and loving it.

Guest paulwbafc

also don't get beds from sleep city. they are slow and awful. over 2 months and still waiting for kids beds. blow up matresses at the moment

Archived