Hillside Melbourne?

AnxiousMum

Hi, does anyone know the area of Hillside at all. Been looking at realestate.com and came across some really nice houses in that area. Did a search on here but came up with nothing at all. Weird.

So anyone been there or know about it please let me know.

Thanks

Guest The Pom Queen

Sorry, I am not sure about Hillside, I know its in the Shire of Melton. Here is a little bit on Wiki http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hillside,_Victoria Melton may be a good place to look at, there were a lot of my colleagues who are or have purchased property is Melton. I have never been myself so cannot comment but the ozzies seem to love it?

Guest 2kidsonecat
Hi, does anyone know the area of Hillside at all. Been looking at realestate.com and came across some really nice houses in that area. Did a search on here but came up with nothing at all. Weird.

So anyone been there or know about it please let me know.

Thanks

Hi AnxiousMum,

I have been in Australia for 2 and a half years and lived in Hillside from November 2006, I am originally from the UK and can say that Hillside is fab! It is an area which is still being built and was mostly paddocks a decade ago I have been told! It is bordered by Taylors Lakes, Taylors Hill (very new), Sydenham, Caroline Springs and Keilor is very close by. My kids attend local government schools (Sydenham-Hillside Primary & Keilor Downs Secondary College) and the education they receive there is far superior to the UK.

There is a great shopping centre very local which is Watergardens and it has been extensively expanded last year and is HUGE! the local train station is Sydenham Watergardens and it takes 35 minutes to reach the CBD and it always runs on time.

The Calder FWY is a 5 minute drive away too.

Demographic-wise, it is a very mixed area (aussies, greek, lebanese, maltese, asian, indian etc) so everyone just blends in to be honest. The best parts of Hillside are: The Sugargum Drive area (check it out on google and google street view, and walk about!) The Regency Rise estate, The Parks and Hillside 2000, I unfortunately dont live on any of those but thats where we are off to next!

I consider it to be very safe here, my kids are almost 7 and 13 and kids here really do play outside in the street which you know you cant let them do at home. There is also well maintained parks with gazebo's, tennis courts and the like.

I hope this has helped, if there's anything else I can tell you please get in touch!

All the best

Dawn

Hi

Thanks for the information, greatly appreciated. You have put my mind at ease definatley. Can you tell me how far to the nearest beach would you say?

It sounds lovely there, I will be adding this area to my ever increasing list of places.:yes:

Hi, we visited Hillside during our reccie - one of my sister's friends lives there and she invited us to dinner. It is really nice and the houses are fab - we could afford a lovely house there but it is too far from the beaches for us. I would guess it must be almost an hour to the nearest decent beach, although I may be wrong.

Anxious mum...I believe it was you that asked me about commuting to Melbourne from Mornington? Well, having visited I would say 'no way' although I have heard that some people do. We have chosen Mornington though, it is just gorgeous. I am just about the post the results of our reccie so watch this space!

I may well be mistaken about the beach thing - I was assuming there was no beach close by because my sister lives in Melton which is nearby, but not really near a beach. Sorry! We didn't look around the shopping areas because we weren't looking on it as a possible place to live but I believe there is a nice shopping area. If no-one else lets you know about the beach, I'll see what I can find out for you.

Hi,

Yeah I know what you mean about the beach. We really want to be near the sea. I am intreged to know what happened to you all on the return journey?

Mornington definately looks lovely and it was our first choice, but have heard the train journey to CBD is a nightmare so was put off a bit, but it could be worth the travel.. Will have to have a good look when we go over in March.

Guest 2kidsonecat
Hi,

Yeah I know what you mean about the beach. We really want to be near the sea. I am intreged to know what happened to you all on the return journey?

Mornington definately looks lovely and it was our first choice, but have heard the train journey to CBD is a nightmare so was put off a bit, but it could be worth the travel.. Will have to have a good look when we go over in March.

Hi AnxiousMum,

Another a couple of areas that might be worth considering are Altona itself, Point Cook (very new, fab houses), Sanctuary Lakes or Williamstown. Sanctuary Lakes is a very exclusive "gated development' which has a golf course, childcare, and other various facilities but is 'body corporate' which means that you have a pay an annual charge (like ground rent) but obviously its very nice there! we have friends that are having a house built there at the mo (50 squares, its big!) which is bordering the lake, I haven't been there yet to check it out but will let you know my opinion once I've been. All these areas are a whole lot closer to the sea than Hillside, particulary Williamstown and Altona (both on sea). Have a look on google earth as all the areas are in close proximaty to each other and the city journey is the same or even less from Hillside. I really want to go to Sanctuary Lakes or Point Cook but my kids are reluctant to change schools again.

Hope this is helpful to you

All the best

Dawn

Archived