Study/Student Visas

Guest nigellr

Guest nigellr

I'am looking in to moving to oz,and have found the only way I will be eligible for entry is on a Student Visa to attend a course to learn a trade,Fitter,Body sprayer,welding etc.I have been told there are 20 approved courses for immigration purposes lasting about 6 months.After the course you can apply for permanent residency.Can anyone tell me is this true,and has anyone moved to oz this way.Any info would help.

Thanks,Nigel

We havnt moved that way ,but i have heard of these courses and believe you can choose your trade in advance.There are lots of similar ad's in the local paper for apprentiships as i think most teenagers and early 20's people here in Oz would rather be surfing.I would speak to an agent who will know all the ins'and outs,but it does seem a good offer and an easy escape from the uk .good luck

Cal x

Guest jason and allie

Not sure where you are getting your info from. As far as I am aware to go down the route you are talking about you need to do a minimum of a 2 year cricos approved course. In addition, to pass the TRA at the end then most trades will require you to have at least I think its 900 hours of work experience ( presumably obtained in part time work during your studies. I suggest your first port of call is the Dept of Immigration website and the section on student visas. 880 or 881 (australian sponsored) are the routes to PR. Incidently this is NOT a cheap route. I have just been accepted on a 3 year degree course which I am hoping will lead to PR and including course fees, living expenses etc ect it is going to cost me around £50000!!!

Guest nigellr

Thanks for the reply,got my info from a immigration agent who says this is my best route for entry,but would like to here from anyone who has used this method as it does sound to easy.The agent does say no VISA no FEE so I don't think I have anything to lose,but I don't want to build my hopes up.

Thanks Nigel

Hiya i was talking about the new visa class for i think its 17-25yrs ,were if your unskilled they will give you an apprentiship visa to come to Oz and learn a trade ,i believe this type of visa only became availble last year and is to fill the shortage of trainees over here,its different to the student visa.

Cal x

Archived