Hifx have you used them?

hedgehog

I was thinking of using hifx as they can fix the echange rate if you pay a 10% deposit,( good if rate goes down bad if it goes up). Have any of you used this service or any other hifx do? The exchange rates gone up a little lately thta why i was thinking of fixing it. Do you know of anyone that can try to forcast exchange rate trends?

Guest nev_n_angie

Hi

We use HIFX now - we've transferred into Commonwealth Bank. In our experience, it is much better to do it this way as you can order the rate that you want it to be transferred. Example - we ordered at 2.48 and had an email from them a few days later to give the go ahead and to complete forms etc.

We have used the service a couple of times and will continue to do so as it can go up to 2.51 - and down to 2.41 in a matter of a few clicks - if you're dealing with £1000's then it can make a massive difference at the other end

Angie

Hello Hedghog

We are looking into it right now. I'm every bit not an expert. Hifx seem good and I have been recommended to them on a few occasions. But the Commonwealth bank seem to giving a better rate and appear to do the same service. They will if asked monitor the exchange rate and buy at a rate you want depending that it gets to that amount. I don't know all pros & cons but I'm thnking of banking with the Commonwealth bank when in Aus so if thier rate is a good one all my banking and exchanging money will be done under the same roof.

abviously do more research and if I'm wrong let me know before I hand over my Dosh.

Good Luck John

Archived