Moving to North lakes

Guest lizzie2beac

Guest lizzie2beac

Hi Were moving to oz in January 2009 :yes: and after visiting Brisbane twice now we have fallen in love with it. The area we are considering is North lakes. Can anyone tell me anything about North lakes good or bad. We have 3 daughters 15, 11 and 23 months. the older 2 will be going to the state college.

And also would you say house prices are coming down? and how easy is to make new friends.?

Lizzie

Guest Sandra,Mike and boys
Hi Were moving to oz in January 2009 :yes: and after visiting Brisbane twice now we have fallen in love with it. The area we are considering is North lakes. Can anyone tell me anything about North lakes good or bad. We have 3 daughters 15, 11 and 23 months. the older 2 will be going to the state college.

And also would you say house prices are coming down? and how easy is to make new friends.?

Lizzie

Hi Lizzie

We were in that area last month on our rekkie. There is lots of development still ongoing at North Lakes and mango hill. I think the oldest houses are only around 7 years old and the police station was only just being built when we were there.

North lakes state college has a fab reputation and we are hoping to put our 5 yr old then when we arrive Oct.

The area really appeals to us as it is close proximity to lots of everyday needs, far enough from Brisbane not to be bothered by the city, yet near enough to go in for shopping, occasional eve out etc. It is also on the cusp of the Sunshine Coast which for us is real plus.

I think the house prices are still rising, although not too steeply at the moment. You can get an average 4 bed 2 bath for anywhere between $450,000 to 550,00.

Anyway, please feel free to PM if you have any more questions and I will try and help.

I noticed your are in Devon the same as us. We have a PIO meet organised on 31st Aug- 2 wknd's time, if you fancy it let me know.

Sandra X

Guest lizzie2beac

Thanks Sandra would love to come to the meet, will pm you for all the details. This is all becoming so real now. When will you be moving? and will you be renting for a while?

Lizzie

Guest Sandra,Mike and boys
Thanks Sandra would love to come to the meet, will pm you for all the details. This is all becoming so real now. When will you be moving? and will you be renting for a while?

Lizzie

Hi Lizzie

We fly on Oct 26th- which is getting too close for comfort!!!!!!!!! Really looking forward to it, but its also nerve racking. We are renting our house here as we found the perfect renter and felt if we could do it without selling then we would try- given the house market etc!! So yes, we are looking to rent for the first year and then look to build/buy after that.

Not sure where in Devon you are, but we are meeting at the China Fleet- Saltash, Cornwall. People have already pre-ordered food as there are so many of us, so if you can make the meet and would like food it would be great if you can let me know asap.

S X

Archived