Accommodation in Melbourne

Guest jinky

HI there, my hubby may have a chance of a job in Melbourne so trying to find some websites to check out properties for both rental and buying. The company is JTS Engines which has an address of Tullamarine, Victoria. What suburbs would be a good place to live we have two young children 4 and 6? Thanks

Hi & A Very Warm Welcome to PIO

this is a good website for renting and buying

www.realestate.com.au

Obviously just follow the map to the state that you are going to. Hope you enjoy the link and looking at the houses

Good luck

Guest The Pom Queen

Hi Jinky

Welcome to PIO!!!!

Good luck with the job offer for your hubby, this will make life a little easier for you when you arrive. If he is succesful in the job make sure you give yourself a couple of weeks family time to settle in and spend some quality time together, it is a big move and you will be exhausted.

It really depends on how far out you are willing to travel for work. There are some lovely suburbs within 30k commute. Try places like Diggers Rest and Sunbury. If you like the new housing estates you could try Caroline Springs (personally this development has got too large for my liking, it now has 9 schools, a church, shopping centre, police station and much more) you wouldn't need to venture out of Caroline Springs as everything is within arms reach which can be useful if you will only have the one car when you arrive. They are saying by 2015 that 25,000 people will live there.

Another suburb which I have seen quite a few Australians move to is Melton, I haven't been there so cannot give you my comments but from what the Aussies say it is a lovely area where you get a lot of property for your money.

Good luck with everything.

Kate

Archived