Just arrived ( well 4 weeks ago)

Guest heather&mick

Guest heather&mick

Hello All,

Just to say hello and it's good to read of others experiences, makes us feel quite normal now. We (we - copule with two young boys) are enjoying Brisbane though found it difficult at first having moved here from Ireland. The usual worries, have we done the right thing etc. We hope to be moving into temp accom in Sandgate soon while we house hunt in the area - seems a nice area. We had, and still have, the familiar predicament - Brisbane or Perth but intend to stay in Brisbane and visit Perth at some point (stayed there years ago - nice memories).

Just a thought that we have been mulling - Everyone says "Hello" and engages in crap, but enjoyable, chit chat in Ireland but people don't seem to to do the same here in Brisbane. Is it because we are in a city?

Heather&Mick

I think it must depend on areas ,i found here you cant nip anywere for anything as you get 'caught' with the how was your weekend? any plans for today? sort of thing,, at first i would look over my shoulder to see if this stranger was really talking to me ! and they were people seem so open and friendly ,,and when they hear the english accent you get teased aboput the cricket ,but as soon as i explain i dont know an over from a wicket ,they just look at you like your alien and stop teasing ,,

Cal x

Archived