Anyone in Halls Head??

Guest Belle4

Guest Belle4

Arrived 2 weeks ago, staying in Port Kennedy. Was not sure of the area when we arrived, felt very isolated. Travelled North of the river, where everything seems a lot busier and more expensive, to be near the ocean.

Have now looked further South and really like the look of Halls Head. Really close to Mandurah (which is lovely) and get a lot more for your money. Is there anyone on here who can give us some info on the area. What are the schools like?

Any advise would be appreciated

Emma

Guest niblick
Arrived 2 weeks ago, staying in Port Kennedy. Was not sure of the area when we arrived, felt very isolated. Travelled North of the river, where everything seems a lot busier and more expensive, to be near the ocean.

Have now looked further South and really like the look of Halls Head. Really close to Mandurah (which is lovely) and get a lot more for your money. Is there anyone on here who can give us some info on the area. What are the schools like?

Emma

Hi

I loved it there but heard that there was a huge mozzie problem which was reiterated on other threads

Welsh Jeff

:smile:

Emma

hi Belle4

We went to Mandurah in May 08 loved it! we are moving to halls head on the 17th Oct 08, am so excited. its got everything, beaches, shops, cinema theatre, good schools, the list goes on!! for me my opinion some suburbs are sprawling and had no heart to them. isolated ! as for mozzies, my husband always gets bit when we are on holiday, the whole time we where there he was bit 1x. it hasnt put him off. oh yer i forgot to metion good house prices as well.

if you go to the tourist information on the quay in Mandurah, they will give you a whole list of schools, kindy through to senior school info.

my boys will be going to Glencoe primary. how old are your children? you could also try www.mandurah.wa.gov.au www.peel.wa.gov.au

hope this may help.

karen

Guest niblick

Hi Sorry to be doom and gloom but Halls head was where we wanted to move to but after a bit of digging after we were informed off Mozzie probs, we decided against it.

We were there for a couple of days and were not biten once but the locals are calling for the council to take action before disease starts to be transmitted by these little rascals. Search localpapers and council blogs to find out more info.

I would be more than happy to be corrected on the information that i have received but as it came from varied sources i felt obliged to believe them.

Welsh Jeff

Guest Belle4

Hi Karen

Have definately decided on Halls Head. As you mention its seems to have evrything going for it. We prefer old Halls Head as houses are on much larger plots. New ones don't have much garden. Have spent the last week talking to lots of local people who say Mozzies are not a problem. Also looking at sending girls to Glencoe primary. Keep in touch, would be great to meet up when you arrive. Good luck with the move!

Emma

hi Emma

We will staying in old Halls head, We also like the older bigger plots, we donot mind abit of refurbishment! will defo stay in touch,

barbi & beers all round!! or a nice vino..

keep us posted.

karen

Archived