EXCHANGING MONEY

Bod

Hello all

It's getting to that time now that we have to start thinking who to go with to exchange our money from pounds to Dollers.

Is it best to go through british banks, or Australian banks, or an indipendant company. All I know is if we pick the wrong company it could cost us alot of money.

So Basically HELP

Thanks for reading my post John

Guest dwaldron

I heard that if you have left the country then HIFX can't send money from the UK for you as you are no longer resident. Does anybody know if this is correct?

No true. I transferred money before I left the UK into the holding HIFX account. Again just afew months ago I transerred some cash from the Uk to Oz whilst in Oz, the only thing you have to do is register with the Australian HIFX, no problem because they will just tranfer the details from your Uk Hifx account. I believe it has something to do with the goverment making sure there is no money launderings going on! Easy as tho!

Hi

I'VE CONTACTED A FEW COMPANYS INCLUDING HIFX

HIFX DO NOT SEEM TO BE GIVING AS GOOD A RATE AS THE COMMONWEALTH BANK OF AUSTRALIA.

ITS POSSIBLE THAT WE'LL SET UP OUR BANK ACCOUNT WITH COMMONWEALTH BANK OF AUSTRALIA. SO WHY NOT GO WITH THEM TO CHANGE OUR MONEY. AS THEY DO HAVE A BETTER RATE AND THEN ALL FINANCES COME UNDER ONE ROOF.

OR AM i MISSING SOMETHING AM I GOING ABOUT THINGS THE WRONG WAY MAYBE ASKING WRONG QUESTIONS.

I NEED ADVISE HEAR BECAUSE IT SEEMS AT THE END OF IT WE COULD LOOSE ALOT OF MONEY IF I OPT FOR THE WRONG COMPANY OR BANK.

THANKS JOHN

Hi John we used the Commonwealth bank to transfer our money into and they have been excellent, very quick and efficient and everytimeyou go into the bank here they always remember us and are very friendly we have been impressed with the service fromthem, hope this helps Frances

Thanks Frances

I'll have a chat in more detail with the commonwealth. I have banked with them before in my back packing days. So I'll think I'll stick with them for my banking. But still not sure about changing my money with them. if it's a matter of a few ££££ or $$$$ then I'll go with them my fear is it could be alot more than a drop in the ocean.

Thanks again

John

Archived