ANMC registration

mr luvpants

been looking at the ANMC website.we were hoping to get this part done as soon as my wife qualifies (dec) but reading this I dont think we can? I have highlighted the bit that is confusing me. It says :

The English Language Proficiency Test is waived where applicants have met the educational and practising requirements for English language.

Education:

1. Completed nursing and midwifery education programs leading to registration in the United States of America, the United Kingdom, and Ireland.
    OR
  2. Completed nursing and midwifery programs in Canada and gained registration in Canada through an examination that was in English.
    OR
  3. Completed nursing and midwifery programs in South Africa and gained registration in South Africa through education that was conducted in English.
    OR
  4. Completed a degree in Australia (on-shore) for at least 4 semesters, 2 years full time study, within the last two years prior to application.

Please note that evidence of English is required for point 2 and 3. This evidence is usually included on the transcript or in a letter from the training institution.

Practising (currently working as a Nurse or Midwife):

To waive the English language requirement, an applicant must work in an English speaking country for a period of no less than twelve (12) months fulltime in one of the countries named below, and the work experience must have occurred no more than six (6) months prior to the date of the application – countries: United Kingdom, United States of America, Canada, Ireland and New Zealand.

If you do not meet the above criteria, you will need to complete one of the two English Language Proficiency Tests as described above.

Please Note: The Department of Immigration and Citizenship (DIAC) may require nurses/midwives to undertake an English Language Proficiency Test even where ANMC has waived this requirement. Please contact DIAC for further information.

Some one put us out of our misery please!

JOHN

Guest Pinhead

I read that as you needing 12 months experience in your job that relates to your qualification but the experience must not have ended 6 months prior to your application.

ie once you qualify you need to work for 12 months and then apply in order to waive the English language requirement.

I'm sure someone will be able to confirm.

John, Go Matilda have a very good reputation so they should know what they are talking about so listen to them. Does it just mean that Lisa will have to sit an English Test?

Let us know how you get on as would be interested to know

Good luck

I know that John but there have been people on here say Electricians and they have had to sit an English test although they are English. I'm not saying that she will need to but just wasnt sure if she had to.

Guest diesellisle

Hi John,

I pulled this off the ANMC website - hope it helps...

1. The requirement to complete an English Language Proficiency test is waived where a nurse or midwife’s education

leading to registration was undertaken in the United Kingdom, Ireland, or USA.

My OH is a nurse and we did all of his skills assessment paperwork earlier this year and he did not have to provide any evidence of proficiency in English.

Good Luck with everything!

Lisa

Hi John,

I pulled this off the ANMC website - hope it helps...

1. The requirement to complete an English Language Proficiency test is waived where a nurse or midwife’s education

leading to registration was undertaken in the United Kingdom, Ireland, or USA.

My OH is a nurse and we did all of his skills assessment paperwork earlier this year and he did not have to provide any evidence of proficiency in English.

Good Luck with everything!

Lisa

Well thats good news then:yes:

Hiya John,

Has ANMC changed their criteria in regards to English language very recently??

I received my skills assessment back from them in June and if you completed nurse training in the U.K there was no requirement to undertake the IELTS test. I did however need to take it for the extra visa points:arghh: I did the IELTS in April and I'm sure Lisa would have no problems if it turned out she needed to take it, especially with all those academic assignments :notworthy:

If either of you want any info feel free to PM me.

X Jo

Jo, Hope you dont mind me asking but for what kind of reasons would you need the extra points and therefore need to sit the test?

It's all changed since my oh did his, but I often read on here abt the English test etc.. when people are English and trained in England.

Thanks Jo

Kim

Hi Kim,

I needed to take the IELTS for the extra 10 visa points (not the nurse skills assessment) otherwise I would have had to wait until Sept to apply for the 175, as this is when I will complete my 3years specific work experience.

Hope I not confusing people?

xJo

When I spoke to Go matilda they said Lisa might have to do an IELTS as she is over 40 and will only achieve 115 points but they said that as I have a brother on the central coast and he will sponsor us we can go on the 176 path as we will get the 120 points this way.

Hiya John,

Has ANMC changed their criteria in regards to English language very recently??

I received my skills assessment back from them in June and if you completed nurse training in the U.K there was no requirement to undertake the IELTS test. I did however need to take it for the extra visa points:arghh: I did the IELTS in April and I'm sure Lisa would have no problems if it turned out she needed to take it, especially with all those academic assignments :notworthy:

If either of you want any info feel free to PM me.

X Jo

How hard was it? In case we have to take it.

JOHN

Guest ashmalog

i am a nurse and i have passed my anmc skills assessment and gained victoria nursing board registration. if you nurse trained in the UK you do not have to sit the IELTS test as the training is enough proof you are competent in the english language, however you do need to have worked for 6 mths post qualifying in order for this to count and you cant apply for the skills assessment until you have met the above.

looks like you wont beable to apply until ur wife qualifies. the college have to send out a transcript of the course she studied which can take up to 3 months - in my case 6 mths because my college had emalgamated with another university after i qualified so they didn't have a clue who to ask for it!! its worth it when it arrives though.

good luck with everything.

Archived