update on "heres my story"

Mongrel

Hi all, i was on here a few weeks ago, this is Nic not malc. I talked about homesickness etc and how much I missed family, friends etc. I had some lovely replies, thanks guys. Just to let you all know how much better I am feeling now. I am adapting to my life here and am starting to feel happy and much more settled. Much more settled into my job and embracing ozzie life. Its not perfect but neither was life in the uk, I would not expect perfection anywhere. I had a weeks annual leave this week and took myself off shopping, to the beach, walking and generally taking in my environment. I am beginning to appreciate Perth and am beginning to love it. I still miss my family and friends but the pull to go back to the uk is weaker. As those of you who read my thread previously know I lost my best friend and sis-in-law shortly after our arrival here this year to cancer. An unexpected tradgedy that knocked the wind out of my sails. I had a chat to a Dr here a couple of weeks ago and she was fab and helped me to grieve for my friend. Aside from that I just wanted to say thanks to you all and for anyone in the early stages of arriving in oz and feeling homesick, it does get better, honest! :yes: nic xxxx

Guest Jaynie

Hi Nic,

So glad to hear you are feeling much better and great to hear a positive post too, sorry to hear about your sad news but glad you go the help you needed to be able to grieve.

Good luck in all you do..........well done!:wubclub:

I think you are doing brilliant Nic, all you've been through and yet still you are making a real go of it.

You really are a star and a must be a fantastic person to know . I bet your friend is so proud of you and how much you are giving life.

Take care,

Guest foggy

Fab post, glad things are on the up...Glad you are settling in.. We move over in 2 weeks time and the thought of leaving my family and friends makes me feel sick .. so reasurring to hear you are settling and the pull back to the UK isn't as strong.

Please keep us posted ....

Love sue x

hiya

did not see your other thread so very sorry to hear of your sad news -

but to still stick it out and not give up under that strain is brave and strong and fantastic that it is now paying off :notworthy:

all the best

sjs

Glad your feeling better now Nic, what we moving and losing loved ones your emotions and head must have been all over the place.

I'm sure your days will get brighter and brighter

Good Luck Kimx

Thanks guys, its not been easy and i visualise some black days ahead, i expect, but on the whole life is beginning to feel "normal". Perth is beautiful! When im feeling down i just drive along the coast and its breathtaking! Its true what a lot on PIO have said previously, life here is what you make it and if you can hack it, warts and all then good on ya!

Nic xx

Archived