Autoroute street mapping software

Guest nj

Hi,

this is my first post, I recently found this site and its helped me a lot so far just reading other peoples experiences, thanks!

We ( my wife, 2 sons aged 16 and 13 and my daughter aged 18 months) are beginning the process (info gathering stage, book ordering etc) of possibly emigrating to the Victoria area. We are planning a trip for 2008 and if its favourable will begin the visa process right after.

I've many questions, which I'll try not to bombard you too much with. First one being about any autorouters for PCs, I use Route 66 for UK street mapping running on my laptop with a GPS mouse plugged in and I've struggled to find any PC autorouting software which street maps Australia.

When we visit in 2008, I plan to do a fair amount of driving around checking things out and its so much easier than using paper maps.

Multimap.com seems very good but is online, I need a CD or DVD version. The data seems to belong to PSMA Ltd and MapInfo Ltd but neither seem to offer what I'm after. Even Microsoft don't seem to do an Australian Autorouter. I know there are these in-car units but I'm after PC software.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

NJ

Archived