175 query

Guest lynnjez

Guest lynnjez

Hi

Im new to the boards and just have a question regarding 175 visa.

Here is our situation, my husband is a qualified sheet metal worker with over 15 years post qualifying experience, but for the last 3/4 years he has worked for a company doing basically the same as a sheet metal worker but his title is production fitter. My question is has anyone applied for the 175 and been refused as the title of the job is not the same as the trade they stated on skills assessment?

Just dont want to apply and loose my 1000 visa fee

this process is absolutly mind blowing:wacko:also can anyone recommend a good migration agent as i think i will need some help.

thanks in advance

Hello.

I actually don't think the job title has much relevance at all. It's more to do with his skills matching those under the list for the trade on the MODL list. If you have a look at the job description and he fits the bill, can prove he does those tasks and back it with all the relevant paperwork, I am quite sure that is all that's needed.

However, if I am wrong I do not doubt someone will be a long here shortly to correct me! To be honest a good migration agent should be able to tell you these things anyway. Have you signed up with anyone? If not I would make a few calls to several and test the water with that question. I found when we started out (as we were not a straight forward case) that some just didn't want to help, some fed us a load of nonsense and others couldn't be more helpful.

Anyway, good luck and keep us informed.

Kate

Guest wardy

HI lynn

My hubby is classed here as a heating engineer, but his title for the visa is mechanical services and air con plumber.

The skills he has are the same for both jobs, for the purpose of the visa if his job here fits that of sheet metal worker then put that on the forms.

Just make sure all his skills point to that trade as you write them.

Good luck

Kaye

Ps we used overseas emigration they were really good if you want reccommendations.

Also visa bureau and go matilda are popular as well.

Hi Lyn,

Apart from the agents Kaye has mentioned, we have been recommended a guy in Guildford called John Graham Adams. He's on the MIA list and as we are Kent not too far away! I'm not sure where you are but have a look on the MIA website, www.mia.org.au and see if there are any nearby and give them a call.

There are 1000's of agents now so it's in their best interests to fight for your business.

Good luck,

Kate

Think I can help,

I passed my TRA as a first class sheetmetal worker and I had problems because I teach Aircraft sheet metal work rather than do it now.

To pass the TRA you need to have been in or a closely realated trade to the one you are appling for. It is a mine field and I can honestly say I would not of passed without the guidence of are agent.

You need evidence of experience, appreticeship, qualifications and written repots from current employers ect.

Please feel free to PM me and I can give you advice on how to go ahead if you want or need it.

Good luck.

Mark.

Guest lynnjez

Hi Mark...i would pm you if i knew how haha

my husband has spoken breifly to an agent who has told him to get a letter from work confirming that the job descrption (in detail) for the job he has now is at leat 80% of what the job descrption for a sheetie is on the australian gov website. Is this the same sort of advice or do we need to do something different?

Hi if you click on my user name it will give yo uthe option of a PM (private message).

I think you should be OK if you have ticked 80% of

4124-11 Sheetmetal Worker (First Class).

As I said early it is a mine field but I wish you all the best.

Mark

Hi Mark...i would pm you if i knew how haha

my husband has spoken breifly to an agent who has told him to get a letter from work confirming that the job descrption (in detail) for the job he has now is at leat 80% of what the job descrption for a sheetie is on the australian gov website. Is this the same sort of advice or do we need to do something different?

My hubbie is sheet metal worker too, but official title is now production manager. We got passed by TRA on 2nd attempt after providing info about the 'formal training' he did in a Statutory Declaration. If you need to know anything else let me know

Kath

Archived