Shipping tools

Hi , in the next couple of months I am moving to Australia to work as a hgv mechanic , I am looking into which shipping company or any advise on the best way or people to use to get my tools over there , thankyou 

16 hours ago, Scott b said:

Hi , in the next couple of months I am moving to Australia to work as a hgv mechanic , I am looking into which shipping company or any advise on the best way or people to use to get my tools over there , thankyou 

A while ago now but we used Crown Relocations to ship hubbys tools. He put what tools he could through a hot engine wash and packed them into brand new cheap plastic tool boxes. His top and bottom box had to be seperated and light enough for 2 people to lift. We had no issues with anything and recieved everything as and when it was stated we would.

Good luck with everything, there is tons of work out here for a good mechanic.

Cal x

3 hours ago, bluequay said:

We spoke to a removal company yesterday and they were very clear that you can't ship Lithium batteries, so something to consider if you have any tools that use those.

I'm visualising my carry on luggage getting stopped after scanning and them pulling a dozen fist sized lithium batteries out.   Won't be suspicious at all. 

image.jpeg.ce99180642a877a46758ff5721bee3ad.jpeg   image.jpeg.746b83fbd56ce39c7b3c09b661ae3baf.jpeg    

• Haha 1