On 482 VISA, want to leave job. What are my options?

Hello everyone.

I am 26 year old male from England currently working as an IT Systems Engineer and on a sponsored 482 VISA for around 2 years now. I can apply for PR (granted my company nominate me) in December 2024.

I wouldn't mind staying in Australia although I go through fazes of being homesick like everyone but my job is having a huge impact on my mental health. 

It's a terrible job (MSP, those who work in IT will understand the pain) and my boss makes everything worse by no other word that fits other than he's an absolute bellend. 

My understanding is that in order to stay I would have to either get sponsored by another company or give up my sponsorship and go on a WHV or something similar..

I have spoken to recruiters who once I explain my VISA situation never get back to me or say it's very unlikely i will be able to find somewhere else.

Does anyone know if there's any way to keep the time I've done on my sponsorship and still apply for PR? I would grind it out until December but my understanding is that PR can take up to 9 months to process and doing this shite for another year makes me depressed.

Thanks in advance!