651 eta - express service

Dominic Thompson

Hi All,

My wife has applied for a 651 eta tourist visa on the 30/01 for a last minute trip to Aus to get my daughter settled in Uni out there and they are flying on the 5th Feb (Daughter's fine and is going out on her student 500 visa which she got early Jan)

Because of time constraints is there anyone who has used an express visa service/app that can process a visa quickly and also can it be done along with the application to the standard 651?  So applying for 2 visas effectively or should we cancel the std Gov't one ?

(If you are wondering why we left it so late it's because I was supposed to fly out with daughter end Jan with the company on my 482 which still hasn't come through despite going in end Oct  - is taking ages !! and we can't wait any longer as she starts Uni on the 11th Feb) 

Many thanks in advance

Dominic

Any app/service you see suggesting it can expedite a visa request is a scam, mate.

Edited to add: is your wife on your 482? In which case you better hope the 651 is issued *before* the 482 is; otherwise the 482 would be replaced by the 651 for her as far as I understand. Although, as always, I yield immediately to the wisdom of an RMA.

Edited by BendigoBoy
  • Like 2

Hi there - thanks for that.

Noted about the scams they looked abit dodgy and I couldn't see how they could fast track the Aus government so have avoided.

Just for info we just used the app Australian ETA and got it done within an hour so can recommend that !  Now have an ETA 601.  Just need the 482 to come through...

Bear in mind that that 651 application is still in flight unless and until cancelled / processed.

So if your wife is on your 482, and that 651 comes in *after* the 482 is issued, she's going to lose it.

Edited by BendigoBoy