Bowls clubs south/west brisbane

Hi guys,

We are moving out in April and both myself and my wife are keen bowlers.could anyone advise what clubs are in our predicted area around the indooroopilly area (south/west suburbs of Brisbane). we are both 48 so a club with a younger outlook would be good.

Many thanks

• 1 month later...
On 24/01/2024 at 23:57, Simontucks said:

Hi guys,

We are moving out in April and both myself and my wife are keen bowlers.could anyone advise what clubs are in our predicted area around the indooroopilly area (south/west suburbs of Brisbane). we are both 48 so a club with a younger outlook would be good.

Many thanks

There are some fantastic lawn bowls clubs throughout Australia including Queensland.

The size of the clubs range from small where you will be immediately become known to all the other members to large clubs  with poker machines offering restaurants, entertainment and other sporting facilities - the choice is yours.

I belong to a smaller club and have always played on grass greens, however many clubs now play on synthetic which takes a bit of getting used to if you have only played on heavier grass greens, especially if you have older bowls.

• 1 month later...

Check out the Toowong Bowls Club, which isn't far from Indooroopilly. It has a vibrant atmosphere and a mix of ages, so you might find a good balance there. Another option is the Coorparoo Bowls Club, which also has a friendly vibe. If you're up for a short drive, you could also explore the Sherwood  Bowls Club. It is within a reasonable distance and offers great facilities.