Can dogs travel together?

Hypothetical question as we have no plans to emigrate at the moment.

But we have 2 dogs, a spaniel and a labradoodle who are used to spending every waking moment together.  if we were ever to make the move, they would be coming with us. Could they travel together in the same crate / cage, and stay together through quarantine?

5 hours ago, excitedbutterrified said:

Hypothetical question as we have no plans to emigrate at the moment.

But we have 2 dogs, a spaniel and a labradoodle who are used to spending every waking moment together.  if we were ever to make the move, they would be coming with us. Could they travel together in the same crate / cage, and stay together through quarantine?

I believe certain size dogs can be in the same crate together for the flight (small dogs so yours may well be too big) As for quarantine, no they have to be separate.  They will try and put them in adjoining kennels if possible but they have to be separate.  I guess thats the nature of quarantine.  

Hiya

Dogs can only share a travel crate when a similar size and under 14kgs each. So i am afraid that your two furballs wont qualify for that. But their crates can be kept together so they will know their friend is there.

In terms of quarantine, the answer is typically "no" because it's easier to monitor pets when kept separately but owners/agents can fill in the "special care declaration" saying that the pets will pine for each other, not eat etc. if separated. Only with that declaration will PEQ consider putting them in together if they don't do very well without each other. So it is generally a "no" to sharing, but it may be possible if the pets show signs of missing their friend.

I hope that helps.

Key thing to remember when you do make the move - start and plan early!!!