Pregnant after visa grant

Brianm93

Hi Everyone, 

Looking for some guidance if possible… we just received our 491 visa grant a few weeks ago and we just found out afterwards that my partner is pregnant. Will this affect our visa grant in any way or will it be ok if we notify the DOHA? We intend to move over in October next year so the baby will be born before we move over. 

8 hours ago, Brianm93 said:

Hi Everyone, 

Looking for some guidance if possible… we just received our 491 visa grant a few weeks ago and we just found out afterwards that my partner is pregnant. Will this affect our visa grant in any way or will it be ok if we notify the DOHA? We intend to move over in October next year so the baby will be born before we move over. 

Merry Christmas, and congratulations.

There's a Q&A tool on the DoHA website that provides guidance if you've had a baby.

https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/change-in-situation/had-a-baby

I put in the information that I think relates to your situation and the outcome was that you can apply for a 'subsequent entrant' on your existing visa for your baby. There's quite a lot of information, but the bottom line is that it would seem as though you don't need to do anything until after the baby is born.