Over 60

Kramvi

I am 58 and a NZ citizen.  I just moved  to OZ.  So by the time I am eligible to apply for an OZ citizenship I will be 62.  I was reading a post here which said something about rhe residency requirements in the country for people over 60.  I didn't really understand this part.  Does someone over 60 have to undergo a different process or something?   

2 hours ago, Kramvi said:

I am 58 and a NZ citizen.  I just moved  to OZ.  So by the time I am eligible to apply for an OZ citizenship I will be 62.  I was reading a post here which said something about rhe residency requirements in the country for people over 60.  I didn't really understand this part.  Does someone over 60 have to undergo a different process or something?   

Yes. You don't need to sit the Test.

https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/citizenship/become-a-citizen/person-60-years-and-over

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Kramvi said:

Nemesis thanks for your answer and link.   Are there any exceptions with regards to qualifications or skills under which one could speed up the process?

Not that I've ever heard of, those only come into play with visas. 

That link should have all the info you need.

• Like 1