Sri Lankan Airlines

kmrg

Does anyone have experience of flying with Sri Lankan airlines and / or having a short stopover there?

Flying Melbourne to London Heathrow, mainly interested as the flights are 9.5/10 hours and 10.5 hours so more evenly split. It will be 2 adults travelling with a 4 year old. 

We went with Singapore airlines last year, which was good but their prices really seem to have gone up a lot this year.

Thanks 

Coincidentally, I commented on another thread this morning about my experience with Sri Lankan airlines.

When my mum was alive I used to go back to the UK for Christmas most years, and there was a couple of years (2013 and 2014) that we flew Cairns to Singapore (Jetstar), and then Singapore to London via Columbo (Sri Lankan airlines). I found Sri Lankan airlines very hospitable, and remember the free drinks trolley going up and down the aisle a lot more frequently than most other airlines. Their planes weren't as modern but this was 9 years ago, so they may have updated them since then.

• Like 1