189/190 (QLD) Biochemist / University Lecturer

Marv

Hi All,

Long time lurker here, but finally going to start the process. Was hoping you wonderful people could give me some advice. I have 90 points for 189 and 100 for 190. My qualifications and work experience (8 years post-PhD; 7 as Research Associate and 1 year as Research Fellow) will allow me to get a positive assessment for either Biochemist or University Lecturer. Which will have the higher chance of invite?, trying to figure this out before I apply to vetassess. Yet there is scant information online. Also would I need to get academic transcripts of my undergraduate degrees and PhD, aswell as providing my degree certificates.

Thanks in advance.

Marv

Wow thanks for your reply Marisa (I've noticed you reply alot on here over the years),  the Vetassess website accepts research only 'Research Associates and Fellows as long as you have publications within the last 5 years if I understand their website at all (please see below an excerpt from their website).

"For both teaching and non-teaching/research-only roles, at least one research paper, published in the last five years, is required for employment to be assessed positively.'

But I'm not sure if the states and federal immigration allocate as many lecturer places as biochemist. Trying to stack the chances in my favour, as much as I can do anyhow.

3 hours ago, Marv said:

the Vetassess website accepts research only 'Research Associates and Fellows as long as you have publications within the last 5 years

I just had a look and this article seems pretty clear that research requirements are in addition to teaching, rather than instead of:

https://www.vetassess.com.au/home/updates/post/six-tips-for-a-university-lecturer-applying-for-a-skills-assessment