Do the UK soda streams work in Aus

ionaprie

Hey

Just looking at buying my son a soda stream part of his birthday. However we are returning to Aus in September and wondering whether anyone has successfully taken one and found the Aus canisters and threads are the same as the UK’s…? 
TIA

1 hour ago, ionaprie said:

Hey

Just looking at buying my son a soda stream part of his birthday. However we are returning to Aus in September and wondering whether anyone has successfully taken one and found the Aus canisters and threads are the same as the UK’s…? 
TIA

I don't know about the canisters but you'll need to change the plug, and as you'll be arriving in 3 months I'd be tempted to buy one over here and find something else for his birthday.

11 hours ago, ionaprie said:

Thanks for this. 
We’re returning after being back in the UK for just a year! Never changed a plug but did have lots of travel adapters!😂

@ionaprie it would be great to hear your story as a separate post.

Many of the posts of here are by those not happy with Australian life and have returned (or planning to return) to the UK, so it would be interesting to hear about your journey. 

• Like 1